Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: etb fuel sender fitting
auzziejim

posted on 11/10/06 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
etb fuel sender fitting

just opened my new dd2 lite and had a look at everything as you do. just a little worried about the fuel sender, im a little unsure of what to do with the arm. it looks far too long for the mk tank. now bending doesnt seem an option as the max level is in line with the top of the tank and therefore the mounting of the sender. i thought about chopping and re bending the arm but dont wanna screw it up

so...how has everyone else done it? any pics? or should i just bite the bullet and chop away

also once glueing/bonding etc etc the speed sensor magnets to the prop will normal electrical tape as a belt and braces method hinder the sensor working

many thanks

james

DIY Si

posted on 11/10/06 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
The float should be able to slide up and down the arm, maybe attached/held in place by a couple of little bolts/screws?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

dilley

posted on 11/10/06 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Im also in the process of fitting a dd I left the origional sender in for now as it seems to be reading correct at 75% I dipped the tank and it was the same, Although Im not sure if its going to work at different levels but time will tell, my fuel pickup is built into the sender so I thought I would try and see what happens.
j_davis

posted on 11/10/06 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
If it's like mine the float can't move. What I did was cut the arm in two and then use an electrical 'chocolate block' connector to reattach them, which allowed me to slide it through until I got the required length.
bigrich

posted on 11/10/06 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
if its the same sender as dd1 then all i did was bend it in a series of v's(about 3 if memory serves me) so it shortens the arm but doesn,t alter the swing.
the cut and join method also works.

as for the magnets i used 2 part arraldite onto clean diff flange then when cured painted over with smoothrite, somehave used gaffa tape with good sucsess after bonding.

auzziejim

posted on 11/10/06 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
cheers so the length can alter, so...i could cut it measure the correct length and lay the 2 parts together and weld them

however a sliding choccy block method would allow for a screw up and mean it can be rectified, but will it be ok in petrol?

cheers

james

robinj66

posted on 11/10/06 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Take off the outer plastic bit and just use the metal inner
stevebubs

posted on 12/10/06 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigrich
if its the same sender as dd1 then all i did was bend it in a series of v's(about 3 if memory serves me) so it shortens the arm but doesn,t alter the swing.
the cut and join method also works.

as for the magnets i used 2 part arraldite onto clean diff flange then when cured painted over with smoothrite, somehave used gaffa tape with good sucsess after bonding.

That's what I did, also

Stephen

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.