Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: oops - wheel nuts
jos

posted on 14/10/06 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
oops - wheel nuts

just a quick reminder to make sure your wheel nuts are tight BEFORE you go out for a shake down run first time after coming back off honeymoon.

I'd taken all of the wheels off and raised her onto axle stands (the car not the missus) for the duration of the honey moon and managed to forget to tightenup the front wheel nuts. Didnt loose any, thankfully, but it certainly focused the mind when i got down the road.

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Phil. S

posted on 14/10/06 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
Learnt my lesson when I was 18 (long time ago). I had the car jacked up and the wheel off. Put the wheel back on, lowered the car to the ground, and duly forgot to tighten the nuts properly. The next day I jumped in the car and set off. While I was wondering why the steering wheel wobbled everytime I went round a corner the front wheel fell off, and went bouncing off gracefully down the street, over someone's hedge and into their garden. Luckily I wasn't going fast, so no damage done.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates)
"The unlived life is not worth examining" (Kopp)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.