Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brakes?
d8mok

posted on 20/10/06 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Brakes?

I'm about to buy some new front calipers for my stuart taylor locost.

Am i right in thinking that my calipers will be M16 and my uprights will be cortina??

If so i was going to buy the wilwood direct replacement m16 powerlite calipers at 99.50 + vat each caliper and use my current drilled solid 247mm discs. Am i correct??

Is rally design best place to buy from?

cheers

mark chandler

posted on 20/10/06 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
They should be, my light weight calipers have a spacer between the two halves to accept vented discs so by removing this I can use standard.

My hubs are fitted with 2.8i capri vented discs so my spacers are in.

Not sure if that helps really as they are not wilwood. Need a pic of the upright to tell what it is.

Regards Mark

phil_far

posted on 22/10/06 at 06:16 AM Reply With Quote
The answers to your questions are all yes. Mine are the midilite but they all fit with the spacer provided with the calipers. Rally Design is the place for you! Rescued attachment P5200001.JPG
Rescued attachment P5200001.JPG

Philip

mad-butcher

posted on 22/10/06 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
try gts tuning I was quoted about £50 cheaper for the complete package, Don't forget you can't use your standard braided hoses it's a different thread on the caliper, gts do an adapter,
I was thinking of upgrading my brakes for trackday use till some-one pointed out that i would be better upgrading the tyres, as the only benefit is in unsprung weight. thinking about it logically if the calipers can stop a sierra they should be (and are ) more than capable of stopping an MK
Tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.