Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike Throttle Bodies on a Zetec
Sideshow_Bob

posted on 23/10/06 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Bike Throttle Bodies on a Zetec

Has anyone got any good information sites for the best choice of bike throttle bodies for a Zetec installation 1.8/2.0?

Was thinking of running with a Megasquirt and currently looking at some R1 throttle bodies.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

JohnN

posted on 23/10/06 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
A quick SEARCH on this site will give you a lot of reading - but maybe not a conclusive answer.

IMHO suzuki seem to be poular, but you have a choice of 3 or more sizes. For my part I'll be going with GSXR 600 TB's and I'll be fabricating something like the se, that have just been sold on ebay.

[Edited on 23/10/06 by JohnN]

JackNco

posted on 23/10/06 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
From what ive read most people go for the GSXR ITBs

600s work find but aparently limit you to about 200BHP

750 & 1000 are apparently the same TBs and will allow up to 300BHP of tuning, although how ude get 300BHP out of a zetec1.0/2L without some kind of forced induction is a mystery to me?

There is a thread on here about the same thing from a few days ago.

ALTiSS are mentioned, i gave them a ring n they quoted me 240 for the manifold and 100 for the re spacing and fettling on the TBs plus the cost of the TBs

Top quality work but it is after all a locost forum so i think ill be search for a cheaper manifold supplier

John

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sideshow_Bob

posted on 23/10/06 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info guys. I'd picked quite a lot up from the previous posts on this subject too. Thanks JackNco and JohnN.

I know there are a couple of guys on here running R1 throttle bodies, and have the potential to get some really cheap. So hope they chip in!

Does anyone have info on the diameters of the throttle bodies of the various different makes? Web searches aren't yielding much at the mo

Cheers

JackNco

posted on 23/10/06 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
JackNco & JohnN are the same person ME!

i have to say atm its all research i have no practical experience....

As far as i know the GSXR are 43mm internal..... but i could be wrong.

Have a look on ebay.com rather than ebay.co.uk, they are VERY cheap on there if u can get postage cheap or know anyone that lives over there thats coming over soon

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JohnN

posted on 23/10/06 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I've had my identity stolen - and I didn't feel a thing

JackNco - how do you work that one out?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.