Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Silverstone and Setup.
stevetzoid

posted on 30/10/06 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Silverstone and Setup.

Good morning, I went to have a look at Silverstone on Saturday I thought it was fantastic, it reminded me of our team racing days in the model cars. Congratulations to all who took part and of course all the organisers.
One thing I noticed apart from my roll cage being much heavier than most is the suspension setup, my car is like rock solid with hardly no suspension travel when pushing down by hand, I have to stand on the back and bounce to get any travel, at the front I can't realy get much action at all. I have noticed in the few times I have driven the car that once the track is damp or wet it's like driving on ice. I think my springs are too hard, I have gaz shocks and the wishbones are copper greased and do move freely. What spring weights do all you use front and rear does there seem to be a common setup or does it depend on driving styles etc. I also noticed people changing the damper settings when I change mine I can hardly tell a difference is this the springs again.
Regards Steve Evans.

greggors84

posted on 30/10/06 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
What engine do you have? Have you converted to a bike engine? As you will need lower rated springs for the lighter engine.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

stevetzoid

posted on 30/10/06 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
1300 crossflow racing in locost championship.
Regards Steve

Ivan

posted on 30/10/06 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi - I have spent a long time investigating spring rates. For what they are worth I have summarised my thoughts in my build diary no 14 at http://www.Locostsa.co.za/BuildDiaries/Ivan/My_Diary_14.htm

Hope this helps you.

greggors84

posted on 30/10/06 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know what your spring rates are? Then maybe you can ask someone what sort of range they are using. If its for racing a fellow competitor might not want to tell you exactly what they are using!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.