Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford focus Diesel ?
Jon Ison

posted on 5/11/06 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ford focus Diesel ?

Any reasons why not ?

Weak bad points ? Things too look for ? Looking at something around 02 reg.

Cheers in advance.

auzziejim

posted on 5/11/06 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
make sure its a tdci and you will have a cracking car

i have a 51 plate 1.8 petrol and its a great car, but i do wish i bought a diesel

Tim 45

posted on 5/11/06 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure its the TDCI with the Duratorq rather than the TDI with the Endura-D...The extra C seems to give more power

asn163

posted on 5/11/06 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
As the others have said, the TDCI 115bhp is the one to go for. Had mine for three years and very happy with it. Quick and economical (48mpg).

Simon

Phil W

posted on 5/11/06 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
We have about 6 of these at work in our pool, really good to be honest with no problems. There are 2 engines, 100 bhp and 115 bhp, obviously you want 115, I will certainly be looking to get one when they are sold off. Nice motors
zetec

posted on 5/11/06 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Known problems (few)...sticking fuel guage, showing empty, I think due to faulty sender card and can cost a bit to fix. Also check aircon as the condensor can suffer a bit from stone damage. Clutch pedal bush can give hassle. Front anti roll bar drop links wear, £25 a side, can cause noise when cornering on bumpy surfaces. Water in the passenger footwell caused when the pollen filter housing is removed to replace the filter, seal is a few quid or the housing cover is I think about £25. Look for surface rust if the rear hatch has a silver handle as the plating can cause the paint to rub thru, plastic tend to be OK. I've got an old TDDi model, it is a bit rough but a little better on fuel and almost any back street garage can fix them. Really good car, handle and stop well and so many to choose from.
flak monkey

posted on 5/11/06 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yep as others have said.

Not had any trouble with ours. We have TDCi estate and it goes like the proverbial off a shovel. The air con pump has sprung an oil leak though, however its not terminal, and theres plenty of spare up the breakers.

They are very nice to drive too.

You wouldnt regret the choice.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

locogeoff

posted on 5/11/06 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
We've got a TDDi and to be honest its great car, though it does lack a wee bit of puff sometimes for overtaking when above the legal motorway limit, other than that fine.

Have heard of problems with the fuel pump failing in the TDCi at a huge cost if out of warranty, though I would probably still recomend the Ci I've had to replace the drivers window regulator piece of cake! One thing I would say is theyre made out of tinfoil and it seems to pick up wee dents really easily

Ours is an 03 with nearly 60K on it and it fels like a new car to drive.

Just thrown it up an unfamiliar road in the dark from Innerleithan to Fife and I woud say its more confidence inspiring than my MR2

Got the Ford TIS if you want a copy for the price of a stamped addressed jiffy bag

Jon Ison

posted on 6/11/06 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
mmmmmmmm, looks like a TDCi focus then, cheers lads.

MikeRJ

posted on 6/11/06 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locogeoff
I woud say its more confidence inspiring than my MR2

(assuming Mk2 MR2?)
Most modern FWD cars are more confidence inspiring than a 15 year old mid engined sports car! I love my MR2 Turbo, but in anything other than warm dry conditions granny mode is mandatory if spolied underpants are to be avoided! You need the reactions of a cat to catch them when they let go.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.