Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: lambda sensor
numnuts

posted on 6/11/06 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
lambda sensor

can anybody tell me if the sensor has to be vertical or can it go horizontaly ?? . The reason i ask is that it would look better and out of the way . Thanks in advance Dion .
russbost

posted on 7/11/06 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Needs to be in the very hot part of the exhaust preferably a little after the headers, which way up is immaterial. Hope you got your oil/water prob sorted.
Russ

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
BKLOCO

posted on 7/11/06 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
The lambda sensor must be mounted above the horizontal.
This is especially true of wide band sensors.
The ideal position is in the top of the tube as close as possible to the manifold.
The one position it should never be is in the bottom of the exhaust.
Water which is a natural component of combustion will kill it if you do.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

numnuts

posted on 7/11/06 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Needs to be in the very hot part of the exhaust preferably a little after the headers, which way up is immaterial. Hope you got your oil/water prob sorted.
Russ

Hi Russ the water /oil problem appears to have cured itself well atleast i didnt pull the head off . I have removed the carbs and have now gone full injection hopefuly should run slightly better !!

Phil.J

posted on 6/12/06 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Just after the exhaust collector, unless you are fitting one to each cylinder!!!
ATB
Phil

DarrenW

posted on 6/12/06 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
If you are using a 4-2-1 manifold which means the collector is a long way from the head face, would this cause a problem with narrow band sensor? Im talking about a side exit exhaust system as well which mostly external. I would guess you just need to ensure everything i up to temp before taking readings for eg an AFR meter.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.