Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Want a bike engine. I know a great bloke
timbo

posted on 9/11/06 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Want a bike engine. I know a great bloke

After my tale of woe about buying an R1 engine with a dodgy gearbox. Malc of Yorkshire Engines Tel 07960011585 E mailed me and offered to strip the engine and sort it out. I was a bit dubious after my bad experience with Colibriman but after speaking to another great bloke mark at Mac 1 was assured that Malc was sound.
I met Malc on his travels last week not far from where I live and gave him my poorly engine. A week later (yesterday) I picked it up from Mac 1.
Malc explained that 3rd and 4th gears were shot both had chunks missing off their teeth,one of the selectors was bent and a piece missing out of the selector drum amongst other things he believes it was probably used on a track with little use of the clutch.
Malc has put in another gearbox and has checked out the engine which looks good .
He offered to help me out and has done just that which will enable me to be back on the road as soon as I get chance to put the engine back. I cannot thank him enough.
If you need a bike engine or gearbox you will not find a better bloke than Malc of Yorkshire engines Tel 07960011585.

iank

posted on 9/11/06 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
See also:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=54699

StevieB

posted on 9/11/06 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'll never get tired of recommending Malc - top bloke, top service
chockymonster

posted on 9/11/06 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
I'll never get tired of recommending Malc - top bloke, top service

Ditto!
He's a very nice man

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
peterriley2

posted on 9/11/06 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
yeah he must be where 90% of bike engines come from in locosts.

Joel

If you dont respect yourself, dont expect respect from anyone else
Live your dreams, dont dream your life
Women only want you for one thing- everything!

nick baker

posted on 7/2/07 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Got a Mail address?

Hi all..

For some time now a Trio of us at work (in sweden) have been schemeing and plotting with Locost-type machinery in mind... One of our number has finally bought a property, and 200Square meters of barn/garage space is now available. Design on the frame is progressing along with other little things...

We have one serious problem: Sourcing engines. Swedes are cautious people by nature, meaning that serious sports bikes are rarely wrecked. People still wear thier 70's leathers and giant helmets.. Nothing ever gets broken. The Sheer volume of Volvo Amazons still on the road beggers belief!!

I did once manage to contact "Colibriman" regarding R1 dimensions... and very helpful he was too, but a subsequent attempt at contact drew a blank.

What we're looking for is.. erm... a tough one. We're looking for 3 bike engines.. preferably of the same type as we want to make 3 cars simultaniously, and identical jigs would be a bonus.

Obviously.. the Exhausts and electrical gubbins that we'd need would be required too..

We'd want to Crate'em and Ship them... but we'll happily visit in person to arrange finances etc. Maybe a deposit would be needed to ensure the stock-piling of 3 engines?

Hay-Bus, R1 or any other suggestions? We had considered the Toyota 4AGE 20v... but that engine is harder to find than rocking-horse poop.

But.. in the meantime.. If someone has an E-mail address for Malc I'd sure appreciate it!

Cheers,

Nick.

Has anyone got other suggestions?

Coose

posted on 7/2/07 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Go to the member list above and look for yorkshire-engines and send him a U2U - I can guarantee that he'll sort you out!

Spin 'er off Well...

nick baker

posted on 8/2/07 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
You were absoloutly right. THANKS!

Malc was speedy with an answer and all the help in the world.

Seems like that side of the project is safe for the future.. time to get on with the chassis.

[Edited on 8/2/07 by nick baker]

bigrich

posted on 8/2/07 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I would'nt hesitate in recommending malc to anyone wanting an engine kit for their bec. really nice bloke and as described products.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.