Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fancy yourself aginst the stig?
Wadders

posted on 11/11/06 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Fancy yourself aginst the stig?

Just spotted this on pistonheads, gotta have a go once the weather gets warmer
http://www.pistonheads.com/trackdays/index.asp?storyId=15425

JoelP

posted on 11/11/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
now that sounds fun! if a little pricey
smart51

posted on 11/11/06 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ive seen track days cost more and that doesn't include tuition. I'd love to have a go round dunsfold too. Sadly, I need the cash to get my engine running.
Wadders

posted on 11/11/06 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah just re- read it slowly and noticed it only lasts 2 hrs, but still think it would be a laugh, especially if you get a copy of the video, imagine doing a michael gambon in a 7

Originally posted by JoelP
now that sounds fun! if a little pricey

Phil. S

posted on 12/11/06 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
Just read some of the contributions on the PH forum. God there's some whingy b***ers on there. Couldn't resist adding mt two pence worth.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates)
"The unlived life is not worth examining" (Kopp)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chockymonster

posted on 12/11/06 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
I've driven the track at dunsfold on a Lancer Register day.

I got 4 laps of the circuit and to be honest although it was a fun experience I wouldn't do it again, the time you get on the track means you'll never learn the circuit enough to have a real go.

It's a very challenging drive with some very challenging corners and the follow through at 110 is damned scary

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark.s

posted on 12/11/06 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phil. S
Just read some of the contributions on the PH forum. God there's some whingy b***ers on there. Couldn't resist adding mt two pence worth.

i know what you mean, alot of them are so far stuck up there own ar$e ole its untrue. i went to a pistonheads meeting with mrs a few years back.... not for me
You can't beat the locost boys

cheers mark

[Edited on 12/11/06 by mark.s]

russbost

posted on 12/11/06 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

You can beat the locost boys

Don't you mean you can't beat the locost boys?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mark.s

posted on 12/11/06 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that
Phil. S

posted on 12/11/06 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
quote:

You can beat the locost boys

Don't you mean you can't beat the locost boys?

You can beat them if you like. So long as it's consensual.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates)
"The unlived life is not worth examining" (Kopp)

John Bonnett

posted on 16/11/06 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I cannot believe their price.There is no way in the world they can justify charging £222 for 2 hours. How much does that work out to in terms of track-time per pound. They are not even using their cars. When I worked at Bedford Autodrome the circuit was hired out and probably still is, for Summer's evenings at less than that with instructors on hand if required. there's acres of run-off, a 3 mile circuit and a straight long enough to max anything. Now that's value!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.