Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What size fuel line?
scotty g

posted on 12/11/06 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
What size fuel line?

Hi all, a mate is fitting a sierra DOHC in his kit, keeping all the injection system. He doesn't know what size fuel line to use, what does everyone else use?
Cheers.

RazMan

posted on 12/11/06 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
8mm would be plenty big enough

[Edited on 12-11-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
John Bonnett

posted on 12/11/06 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
8mm or 5/16" should be fine for the feed but I believe the return can go down to 1/4" without any problems.

John

nludkin

posted on 12/11/06 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I am using the same engine in my kit and a standard B&Q 8mm copper pipe for feed and return seems to work a treat.
seadog

posted on 12/11/06 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Yep I second nludkin. I too used B&Q's 8mm microbore copper pipe from the plumbing section. I think it cost me around £12 for a 15 metre length which will be enough to run two lengths of fuel line twice comfortably.......I should know as like a twat I kinked my first effort buggering about with it trying to get it through the holes of my diff brackets. Lets say I had more success second time round!!

Feel free to have a nose at the 'Build Diary Sept 2006' in my photo archive to see how I have run both the fuel & brake lines

[Edited on 12/11/06 by seadog]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.