goodall

posted on 16/11/06 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
How about V12?!?!

How about V12?!?!
would this be possible?
has anyone ever done it before?

DIY Si

posted on 16/11/06 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
It's doable, but as to what it'll look like when done is another matter. Probably not a lot like a "normal" 7.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

indykid

posted on 16/11/06 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
didn't robin hood do one with a jag v12 many moons ago?

yes, apparently, they did an S3 in 90-91 with jaguar V12

tom

[Edited on 16/11/06 by indykid]

Paul (Notts)

posted on 16/11/06 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Heres a viento with a jag staight six in - dont no if a v12 would fit? Rescued attachment Untitled-2.jpg
Rescued attachment Untitled-2.jpg

JackNco

posted on 16/11/06 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
the cobra guys thing a v12 is to heavy in the front of even a dav de-dion so i dont think a v12 seven would be a handful to say the least

Some people are worried about the difference between right and wrong. I'm worried about the difference between wrong and fun.
O'Rourke, P.J. (1989), Holidays in hell. London (Picador)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 16/11/06 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
The only way you'd ever get it to handle would be to stick the engine in the cockpit & put the seats behind the rear axle!!!
Of course if you put it behind the driver, in the proper place for the engine ...........

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
RazMan

posted on 16/11/06 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Of course if you put it behind the driver, in the proper place for the engine ...........

Like Andy's little beasty - BMW twin turbo V12 ........

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dingz

posted on 16/11/06 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

didn't robin hood do one with a jag v12 many moons ago?

Lousy picture but this was, is still? it. Rescued attachment V12.jpg
Rescued attachment V12.jpg

zetec7

posted on 17/11/06 at 05:24 AM Reply With Quote
I seem to recall aome waggish soul back in the 1970's (hmmm...dating myself, I'm afraid) putting a Jag V-12 into an Austin Mini ....transverse mounted! Apparently it was a terror at the drag strip. Hell, if it'll fit in there, it should go into a Locost with ease!

http://www.freewebs.com/zetec7/

02GF74

posted on 17/11/06 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
RH did one for sure; it was up for sale when I was looking for a kit - circa about 1 1/2 years ago; I even considered buying it as ti was going for what I thought was a rasonable price.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.