Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK build manual
matt.c

posted on 17/11/06 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
MK build manual

Does anyone have a spare copy ie on there computer of the build manual which i can print out and read it on my long flight abroad?
I have seen the one on there website, but wondered if there was a different one for building a BEC?

cheers

matt

worX

posted on 17/11/06 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
Nope!!!

I had their full pack inc build diary only a couple of months ago, and I told them that it was BEC all the way, but the one they gave me was almost definitely the one you have so I wouldn't hold out for a true bec one.
just read the one you have and be aware of where the differences would be - they are relatively (common sense) obvious...

indykid

posted on 17/11/06 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
there's hardly one for building a cec!

i think the one on the website is the only one you'll get hold of. the only other i know of is the one before that one.

hth
tom

StevieB

posted on 17/11/06 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
I got the one from the website and also the one they gave me when I bought the kit - the picture on the front was different.
mike smith1

posted on 17/11/06 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
I would have a look through the hellfire website for a bec build, there is plenty of info and pictures on there, print off the areas of interest. I'm sure they wont mind!

Been a great help to me,

Mike

[Edited on 17/11/06 by mike smith1]

Guinness

posted on 17/11/06 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Long flight abroad!!!! you can read the Mk build manual on a short drive to the shops

LOL.

When I got my Indy, a mate with a Caterham came round. We compared build manuals and his was definately bigger! Mine was 4 sheets of A4, his was a huge lever arch file with line drawings of every detail.

Never mind, loads of info on here, and nowt that's too tricky.

In all honesty it would be pretty tricky to do a more complex build manual as there is such a range of engine choices and electrical options for the cars. Although a few photos of the suspension wouldn't go amiss.

Mike

Mike

zxrlocost

posted on 17/11/06 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
build manual

oh you mean the a4 piece of photocopied paper

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Kodiak

posted on 17/11/06 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
MK Build Manual

Have a look at Kits N Klassics ( MK's Irish agents ) website, they have an expanded and up to date version that you can download. It still does not have the page count of War and Peace but better than the original.....wonder if MK are just trying to save paper but making it so "condensed".
stevec

posted on 17/11/06 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mike smith1
I would have a look through the hellfire website for a bec build, there is plenty of info and pictures on there, print off the areas of interest. I'm sure they wont mind!

Been a great help to me,

Mike

[Edited on 17/11/06 by mike smith1]

I agree, look up other peoples build manuals they are far more use
Steve.

James

posted on 17/11/06 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh Gods

A manual for an MK???

They do look a little complex.... I can see why you'd need one!

Cheers,
James

Oh! There's this book of instructions you can use..... Build Your Own Sports Car!

[Edited on 17/11/06 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

SteveH

posted on 17/11/06 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kodiak
Have a look at Kits N Klassics ( MK's Irish agents ) website, they have an expanded and up to date version that you can download. It still does not have the page count of War and Peace but better than the original.....wonder if MK are just trying to save paper but making it so "condensed".

Here's a link:-Kits N Klassics Build Manuel

Hellfire

posted on 17/11/06 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
We don't mind - that's what it's there for!

Steve

matt.c

posted on 17/11/06 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks for the replies.

Hellfire, i wanted to take a copy of your build because it was the best and most complete build manual i have ever seen, but it wont let me take a copy of it all?
Any idea's how to get whole copy?
Yours looked like it would take me quite a while to read which is good because of my flying time of around 24 hours.

Cheers

matt

Ps i just tried to print off a page but when i do a print preview it cuts of the end of the page off. What am i doing wrong?

[Edited on 18/11/06 by matt.c]

ab54666

posted on 26/11/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Change page setup to landscape, or under page setuo then shrink to fit.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.