Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New Kitcar V-Storm
evo3500

posted on 9/12/06 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
New Kitcar V-Storm

Have just been reading January edition of kitcar magazine have you seen this.
sdrsportscars

Im saving up my pennys now !

flak monkey

posted on 9/12/06 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I hate websites with sound

Looks quite cool though. Very much like the Atom

David

PS not sure what this has to do with MK, but fair enough

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

smart51

posted on 9/12/06 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
It's a shameless Aerial Atom rip off. I like the atom. I spend quite some time just looking at them when I see them. It's so individual, you just can't copy it. You can't.
BenB

posted on 9/12/06 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
It's a kit car Ariel atom!! Oh well, you know what they say about the sincerest form of flattery and all that....
Peteff

posted on 9/12/06 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
3 seater bike power? It will need a good engine, something like a C90 as they carry whole families and their livestock.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

snapper

posted on 9/12/06 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It's a shameless Aerial Atom rip off. I like the atom. I spend quite some time just looking at them when I see them. It's so individual, you just can't copy it. You can't.

Whilst i understand these sentiments, how many people on this forum are building a "Lotus Seven Inspired Sports car?????

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

smart51

posted on 9/12/06 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
quote:

Whilst i understand these sentiments, how many people on this forum are building a "Lotus Seven Inspired Sports car?????

The difference is that the seven, like the AC cobra and the Porsche 356 are very old, rare and expensive. Chances are you can't own an original, even if you could find one. The atom is still in production. Don't tell me about Caterham, it is a replica itself.

nitram38

posted on 9/12/06 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
quote:

The difference is that the seven, like the AC cobra and the Porsche 356 are very old, rare and expensive. Chances are you can't own an original, even if you could find one. The atom is still in production. Don't tell me about Caterham, it is a replica itself.

And the atom is Cheap????
At 25K I don't think !

MikeR

posted on 10/12/06 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
roll bar isn't high enough.
PAUL FISHER

posted on 10/12/06 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Looks well designed,must be pretty unique with it being a 3 seater,I cant think off hand any other 3 seaters on the market at the moment,the aprillia engine is a cracking little engine,ready dry sumped as standard,but with only 143bhp,although bags of torque,there claim of 0-100mph in 9.1 sec's is a bit ambitious,for a 500kg car with that kind of bhp per ton,and three up,it would realy take the edge off the performance.
nitram38

posted on 10/12/06 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Aeon has 3 seats CLICK
PAUL FISHER

posted on 10/12/06 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yes,remember seeing one of those now at a show,looks a bit cramped,for the passengers anyway,also,was thinking about the concept this afternoon,although not a kit car,the mclaren f1,was a three seater. Rescued attachment mc1.jpg
Rescued attachment mc1.jpg

zxrlocost

posted on 10/12/06 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
that really makes me want to leave a deposit wheres the finished pics

also I agree about performance

3 people with a BEC would stress the engine big time with no performance

seems to me to much computer work and equations and not enough real time driving

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

damien

posted on 12/12/06 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
got a email back from them -

Hello Damien,
Thankyou for your recent enquiry ,and registering for the newsletter
In answer to your questions most of the information can be found on the website ,this will be updated frequently ,as and when we have new information,and I will be adding a frequently asked questions page in the future.
You can also follow a full month by month report on the build and progress in Kitcar Magazine which is out now,also there will be a news piece on www.totalkitcar.com on Fridays news page.

In direct response to your immediate questions,the 1st newsletter will be out end of January beginning of february,as for price all I can say at this time is that it will be very ,very ,competitive ,and I am expecting kits starting at under £3k ,
with that said I dont expect my car to cost anymore to build than a well finished 7 replica,I built an Mk Indy IRS with a bike engine a few years ago and it cost around £7k.
I would anticipate a shrewd builder could build my car for about the same.
As for car engines these are coming on line later in the year the engine,the one we are using is a bit of a secret at the moment.
The reason for the bike engine now is it offers lots of power for very little money,and offers a seqential style gearbox,and supercar performance,and makes for an easy build,but you can upgrade to a car engine later quite easily.
If you had crossflow or pinto engine ,to build it to get a genuine 140-150 or so horsepower from it you wouldnt get much change from say £1500 £2000 ,whereas you can get everthing you need for an Aprilia engine to run including engine for about £650 to £1000 pound and its got about 150bhp also a bike engined cars in my opinion are somewhat simpler to build as ther is less parts in total therefore maker it easier to work with.

I hope I have been able to answer your questions for you,if you would like any further info or advice please feel free to call for a friendly informal chat,or email.

Thanks for looking at my site www.sdrsportscars.co.uk

Simon Dickens

Managing Director

adampage

posted on 12/12/06 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Mistaken identity.....

Isn't evo3500 otherwise known as Simon Dickens, the MD of the new kit car manufacturer, and the person who 'noticed' the article in the Kitcar magazine?

Simon, go ahead and promote your product mate, it looks good and we're all up for new choices on which to spend our money, but it might look more sincere if you come out as the manufacturer rather than pretend you are an independent reader who's "saving his pennies".

Just my thoughts....
Adam.

adampage

posted on 12/12/06 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Good point, but...

... when have people on here ever held back what they truly thought!?

I wish him the best of luck, i like the idea of the aprilia v-twin, but i can just imagine the chat on the atom owners forum. Oooh, they'll be livid!

Adam.

evo3500

posted on 12/12/06 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Well Adam how are you doing,I did finish the Gt1 ,have you still got your car ?well as the saying goes I guess you let the cat out of the bag,the secret is out,but as Chris said, I wanted to get any unbiased opinions wether good or bad,and I know you boys certainly say what you think, Im sure you will all let me know that now.
In hynsight I guess I should have waited ,but after it going in the magazine I couldnt hold back to get some feedback,I guess I was feeling like an excited schoolboy who had just got a new toy.
I didnt mean to mislead ,and perhaps I have been a bit foolish,and made a bit of a mistake, should have thought about it a bit more not the best way to get opinions,but if we all had the gift of hynsight we would all be very clever.
Well I apologise to anybody ,who I may have upset,but many thanks to you all for your comments and feedback,and all the help the people on this forum have given me.

Simon

macnab

posted on 12/12/06 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
You should put a comments thing on your cars website to get feed back on the design, I'm sure most of it will be of great help. I quite like the design though your feet look a bit vulnerable.
adampage

posted on 12/12/06 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hello!

Simon,

Glad to see this hobby's turned into a business! I wish you all the best.

I bought a fully built Stuart Taylor for a while, then moved to Sydney for 6 months, and am now back, hence my lurking in the background, saving up and thinking about buying something else.

I think your new car looks great, sorry if i ruined your plan, but i just thought some people have been criticised in the past for not being 100% open, i thought it might make sense to spread the news.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of support from Locostbuilders people anyway!

Like your website too, i'll be keeping up to date with it!

Adam.

evo3500

posted on 12/12/06 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your support Adam,good to see you are keeping well,will keep you posted.

thanks Simon

ZEN

posted on 16/12/06 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
This one is from China!

My YouTube channel Cars, bikes - track days, motorsport, sim racing and more.

TheRacingSnake

posted on 9/4/07 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
V-Storm

quote:
Originally posted by evo3500
Well Adam how are you doing,I did finish the Gt1 ,have you still got your car ?well as the saying goes I guess you let the cat out of the bag,the secret is out,but as Chris said, I wanted to get any unbiased opinions wether good or bad,and I know you boys certainly say what you think, Im sure you will all let me know that now.
In hynsight I guess I should have waited ,but after it going in the magazine I couldnt hold back to get some feedback,I guess I was feeling like an excited schoolboy who had just got a new toy.
I didnt mean to mislead ,and perhaps I have been a bit foolish,and made a bit of a mistake, should have thought about it a bit more not the best way to get opinions,but if we all had the gift of hynsight we would all be very clever.
Well I apologise to anybody ,who I may have upset,but many thanks to you all for your comments and feedback,and all the help the people on this forum have given me.

Simon

I have been thinking of building a kit car for some while and felt that I had to reply to this post - Why would a truly genuine manufacturer deliberately try to fool the general pubic of their identity?
I love the styling of the Atom, but simply cannot afford or justify the cost. The V-Storm could have been a solution to enable me to fulfil my dream of building a fast exposed frame Atom style two seater.
I would suggest that people think twice about giving their hard earned cash to someone who (by their own admission) is misleading even before the product is launched.
The MEV Rocket seems to tick all of the right boxes (and doesn't use a bike engine with the associated clutch problems) and after talking to them last week, will be giving my hard earned at Stoneleigh to a manufacturer that is more open and honest and is not trying to hide behind "market research".

Snake

zxrlocost

posted on 9/4/07 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
bike engines clutch problems ?

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

JoelP

posted on 9/4/07 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Off yer high horse mate, that reads like an inside advert for MEV, at least evo3500 was convincing...

quote:
Originally posted by TheRacingSnake
quote:
Originally posted by evo3500

Simon

I have been thinking of building a kit car for some while and felt that I had to reply to this post - Why would a truly genuine manufacturer deliberately try to fool the general pubic of their identity?
I love the styling of the Atom, but simply cannot afford or justify the cost. The V-Storm could have been a solution to enable me to fulfil my dream of building a fast exposed frame Atom style two seater.
I would suggest that people think twice about giving their hard earned cash to someone who (by their own admission) is misleading even before the product is launched.
The MEV Rocket seems to tick all of the right boxes (and doesn't use a bike engine with the associated clutch problems) and after talking to them last week, will be giving my hard earned at Stoneleigh to a manufacturer that is more open and honest and is not trying to hide behind "market research".

Snake

zxrlocost

posted on 9/4/07 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
exactly what I was thinking

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.