Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How does the Series Work?
greggors84

posted on 15/6/03 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
How does the Series Work?

Hi i am looking to build a MK Indy, and although i wont be racing it straight away, i will be wanting to race it. How does the series work. Is there a locost category and how much are you allowed to spend?

What other classes are there and do they all race together?

How much do the races cost?

Thanks

Chris

[Edited on 15/6/03 by greggors84]

steve26

posted on 16/6/03 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris, I can only really tell you about the Locost Formula as that is the one I race in. There are other formula you can compete in with a Locost Chassis (ie. RGB - Road Going Bike Engined). These are more flexible in terms of permitted modifications (also meaning more expensive) and chassis/suspension/engine configurations etc, and are often split into different classes competing alongside each other, normally determined by engine capacity.

If you enter the 750 MC's Locost race Formula there is just 1 class - i.e. identical regulations governing engine (1300 GT Crossflow), Chassis (Built to book Specification), Suspension (no IRS etc - ie. 'To Book' ). For a copy of the regs see:

http://www.locost-racing.co.uk/technical%20regs.htm

There is no set limit as to how much you are allowed to spend, however the concept of the Formula is designed to benefit the 'Amateur Constructor / Tuner' with no major professional assistance with the building or construction of the car.

If you are thinking about an MK Indy & r planning 2 enter the Locost Formula u need to check whether this chassis is permitted because I believe the rear is designed to run Independant Rear Suspension. MK should be able to tell u if this can be modified to run in the series, or whether they still produce a Locost chassis 'to book'.

This year there are 14 rounds in the championship, visiting various circuits including Silverstone, Donington, Brands Hatch, etc. Entry costs vary between about £90 to £170. If you want 2 find out more about the Formula u'r best bet is to try & get along to a race or two and chat to some competitors, check out the cars etc. In my experience most people are friendly & happy to give advice 2 newcomers. Next race is Cadwell Park on the 29th of this month. If u need any more info - just ask!

Best Regards,
Dan S - Locost 69

[Edited on 16/6/03 by steve26]

ned

posted on 16/6/03 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
An MK Indy won't be eligible for the locost 750mc series, though couuld be eligible for the Road Going Bike engined (RGB) series or the kitcar series. There are various classes, mainly based on engine capacity.

Check www.750mc.co.uk and click on formulae, that will give you a brief rundown of the formula, you can then see the regulaions for more detail on the spec's the cars have to be built to in order to be eligible etc.

Best of luck,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.