Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Welding gas
novacaine

posted on 2/1/07 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Welding gas

who do you all get your welding gas from?

BOC ?
AirProducts?

any other?

anybody know the cost of rental and the cost of refills for a large bottle?

cheers

Matt

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

big_wasa

posted on 2/1/07 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Try and find a locall welding firm as one near me still does the pub style co2 on exchange which is very cheap.

I have a contract with Boc through my locall engineering place where I get all my steel. Cost around £80 to start you of then around £40 a year and £40 a refill. For that I get Argon shield ....

oliwb

posted on 2/1/07 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with airproducts and can't praise them enough. Tried BOC for about 3 weeks but they didn't want to know/care! Phoned airproducts and they delivered (yes delivered) my new integra cylinder to me the same day....brilliant service, cheap refills (£12) and the regulator is included so you don't have to worry about buying one or breaking it particularly! I'd recomend them to anyone. Oli.

PS
Costs are similar to BOC - slightly more I think but the integra bottle is a full size BOC bottle in a half sized bottle so worth the extra in my mind - essentially you get a third free over BOC when I worked it out! Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
thunderace

posted on 2/1/07 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
I GET MINE FROM MY LOCAL PUB FOR FREE
offroad biker

posted on 3/1/07 at 01:56 AM Reply With Quote
air products beats boc by miles in my opinion there delivery drivers are alot more accomodating if you get my drift
had a boc inspection just before christmass caused mass panic as the non account ones had to dissapear into a container pretty sharpish

NS Dev

posted on 3/1/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
local welding place do my straight CO2 for the MIG at £12 a bottle for pub bottles. Fine for most welding jobs on mild steel.

Air products do my straight Argon for the TIG, cheaper than BOC and no silly charges for collection etc.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

dnmalc

posted on 5/1/07 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
Calor do pub bottle sized co2 for £15
ELO

posted on 8/1/07 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone got the contact details for Airproducts? Am looking to get some CO2 for MIG welding.
Cheers,
ed

natehall

posted on 12/1/07 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
can i get the contact details for ap as well please

thanks

nate

If it aint broke, uprate it
if it is broke, uprate it

http://www.modders-uk.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ELO

posted on 12/1/07 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Natehall,

I asked this question again here...

Just be careful what you ask for!

ed

Peteff

posted on 12/1/07 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Check out Energas if there's a depot near you as well. I've used them for 6 years now and found them good on prices with no extras.
http://www.engweld.co.uk/home.php
http://www.energas.co.uk/gases-industrial.asp

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.