Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Web site contributions
lough

posted on 4/1/07 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Web site contributions

I have contributed twice now and my profile has still not been updated? I have waited for over two months and also sent Chris a message via U2U but as of yet he as not read this. Dose anyone know if Chris is still involved in the running of this great web site ?
oliwb

posted on 4/1/07 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I know he is indeed still in charge. Think he's just been really busy. If its any consolation to you thanks for contributing and hopefully he'll get it sorted soon (just really busy - not least with the goings on and calls for moderators at the moment I would imagine) Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Agriv8

posted on 4/1/07 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote

Me Too - Email Chris U2U'ed as well.

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

viatron

posted on 4/1/07 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
yawn, old news im afraid, contributed over 2 months ago, u2u, email, no reply still have nag............dont mind contibuting but surely the deal is you contribute nag screen goes, i have done my part so come on Chris, finger removal time, as a matter of interest do we know how many people have contributed? the math may be interesting?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ReMan

posted on 4/1/07 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Me too for the record!
But I could'nt be bothered to tell Chris!

Got my contributor status , but still get the nag screen.
I would be interested to know if is completely gone for ANY contributors?

mkblade

posted on 4/1/07 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
i paid a couple of months ago still get the screen come up,i expect he will get round to it (also sent email but no reply)/
martin1973

posted on 4/1/07 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
me to paid couple of months back. got an email saying that my mail address didn't link to a user name,
i have sent 5 or 6 u2u's and email's no reply from u2u's email bounced.

martin

oliwb

posted on 4/1/07 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Its got rid of the nag screen completely for me. Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

ruskino80

posted on 4/1/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
update yourselves like i did(look at what i'm building)makes me feel better and also like the fact that it tells others i have contributed.
Confused but excited.

posted on 4/1/07 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruskino80
update yourselves like i did(look at what i'm building)makes me feel better and also like the fact that it tells others i have contributed.

Unfortunately you still seem to be listed as a 'Builder'.
I don't particularly care about being listed as a contributor. I know that I contributed, but the continuous nag page is starting to become annoying. In fact it's doing my head in.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

viatron

posted on 4/1/07 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
i agree, its not the tag thats important just getting peed off with the nag screen! Oh BTW thats about £45 just on this thread!
lough

posted on 4/1/07 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Don’t get me wrong it not the tag that bothers me it’s the fact that the Nag is still coming up and asking for monetary contributions. I find this web site is very useful and informative but (and it’s a big BUT) if you contribute I expect to get some recognition for doing so! £££=?
the moa 2

posted on 4/1/07 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
And me !
sent u2u's posted but nothing makes me regret it abit to be honest i know its just a tag but he went to the effort of squeezing a bit of money from the site and people responded without any kind of thanks.

Im sure he was already getting some kinda money in from the site from the banner ads so with this he cant have done bad.

viatron

posted on 5/1/07 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
so up to £50 so far, anyone else?
JoelP

posted on 5/1/07 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
just about everyone contributed. Chris must know its not sorted, he should find time to remove the nag page (surely only 5 mins work) if he doesnt have time to manually update everyones status. I thought the nag page was linked specifically to the word 'contribute', hence why donor who didnt want the tag still get the nag too.
Schrodinger

posted on 7/1/07 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I contributed in November and U2Us and emails have all been ignored. It is just the popup that at times seems to be every other message you click on. It just seems annoying that Chris disapears as soon as plenty of people make contributions.
I think thats £55 now.

Tralfaz

posted on 10/1/07 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
See here

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=53726
Schrodinger

posted on 11/1/07 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Mine seems ok now
Thanks Chris

darrenga

posted on 25/1/07 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
mine still isnt ok i have emailed u2u sent details of my how i sent my contribution through pay pal and still being ignored
darrenga

posted on 25/1/07 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
mine still isnt ok i have emailed u2u sent details of my how i sent my contribution through pay pal and still being ignored
milson

posted on 9/2/07 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
me too although only two days ago but still cant sell on site
lough

posted on 3/3/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Still no update of status ! has anyone got any new regarding the nag page or what Chris is doing?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.