Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sierra main beam wiring
auzziejim

posted on 13/1/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
sierra main beam wiring

right i have the sierra main beam/indicator stalk in my car and have the later/thinner wires so can someone please explain, in laymans terms, how i wire the stalk to operate the main beam and relays as im really struggling and this is the last wiring job to do

please help

james

Peteff

posted on 13/1/07 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Which wiring loom are you using?

Wire your lights through the relays then run the relay earths through your column switches, brown/yellow dip, brown/white main beam. Make sure you have the earth from the left stalk to the right when you switch from side to headlight brown/black joining terminal 15s on older or 56s on later (there are still two variations)

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

auzziejim

posted on 13/1/07 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
right well i have the sierra indicator stalk but not the light stalk. for lights im using an off/on/on toggle switch and have dip beam working. i need to work out what the 4 brown wires that my main beam switch has do. one i think will ne permanent live for the main beam flash. then one must be a live feed from dipped beam for normal main beam use on must be a feed to relay and on to lights and the other an earth?

are my assumptions right or am i totally off the mark?

james

BenB

posted on 13/1/07 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a description of a 2 relay (main and dipped) system for Sierra stalks on my website but thats probably not much use if you're not using the lighting stalk and shows the connection to a STM loom anyway.......

Have you got a copy of the Sierra Haynes manual- the wiring diagram isn't great (black and white) but with that and a multimeter it is possible to work out the connections you need..... Or that's what I did...

ps U2U me if not!! I know of a backup copy of the Haynes manual online. Obviously you need to own the original too for it not to be illegal.....

auzziejim

posted on 14/1/07 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
ben im even more confused now, lol

i forgot to mention im using the vicky green loom with the relay kit but still cant get my head around this

(told you i needed laymans terms )

james

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.