Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tin top question
numnuts

posted on 16/1/07 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
Tin top question

Hi all does anybody know what the vectra 2.2 diesel engine is like ?. Thinking of buying 2.2TDi elite. Good or bad car !! Thanks
brashhighlander

posted on 16/1/07 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure about the 2.2 but my brother has the 1.9CDTI (150bhp) and its a cracker.
Rossy

posted on 16/1/07 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
SAAB engine the same...

My Tin Tops a Saab...not the 2.2 but beleave its the same in the saab as the Vauxys.
I added up with the flagship Diesel in the saab Izusus 3.0 V6 Turbo Diesel...I gotta say one of the best Cars well, everydays ones anyway I ever had.
Goes like stink and 32MPG urban and 46MPG on motorway I've had 53!!
Main reason for this getting back to your piont was the 2.2 was,well lets say I heard quiter 1980s Ford Transits!
Where as the Saab being a V6 I'm sure helps..but can not tell its a diesel in the cab at all...in fact if it was petrol it'd be quite!
Ignor what the web says...quite a lot slag off the V6 diesel...but shop around and find a low miles one and look after it and I rec It'll run for ever...
Its used in the Omega I think and some of the big renos..and of course Isuzus Izusu whatever..!

The 1900 now in the Saabs (130bhp and 150bhp) although a great engine..has for me spoilt things...I love my 95 and some how when I come to change it...can't see a 4 pot 150 giving me the same grin as my current 6 pot 186bhp...I could always go for the 93...it will probably be able to move that better than its bigger brother the 95.

Umm..
Looks like I'm telling you to go get a Saab..not at all...
Guess if the 2.2 sounds quite in the Vectra why not..should but a punch..but most diesel buyers go for the quite ones...and if the 2.2 is niosy now...what will it sound like with a few k on it..

Hope you're not asleep and it helps..

Good luck!

<---- For Sale :~( See for sale Section)

He who walks in front of my Locost 7 will get tyred. He who walk behind me will get exhausted. He who drive it like hell will get there very quickly!

(Love Open Countryside, Overtaking Slower Traffic)

froggy

posted on 16/1/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
the diesel pumps dont last that long ive seen a few now with between 80-100k and the pump is £600
graememk

posted on 16/1/07 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
i've got a power link to fit one, good car i did 150k in mine and didnt service it much

to be honest i cant really find a fault with it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.