Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: coolant overflow?
auzziejim

posted on 20/1/07 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
coolant overflow?

right the last item that needs sorting mechanical wise on my indy is the cooling. iv sorted everything bar the small overflow outlets.

im using a polo rad with a lupo header tank and both have small 5/6mm outlets. i also have another outlet the same size in the pinto thermostat housing that is currently blocked off as per ford. however i thought i may aswell have this go to the top of the header tank with the rad outlet.

but what do i use for the hosing? i cant find any 6mm ID heater hose but loads of 6mm ID fuel/oil hose will this be suitable? i assume it will cope with the pressure but what about the temp? also where would i get a 'T' piece from?

or is there anything else i should look at?

cheers

james

DIY Si

posted on 20/1/07 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
I think you can get silicon hose in that size, assuming it is actually silicon on mine! T pieces can be brought from most tuning places, or get some one local to knock a few up for you.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

martthefridgeman

posted on 20/1/07 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
i have used 6mm and 8mm fuel hose on my cooling system for the header tank return with no problems. for T pieces try your local scrappy or try www.thinkauto.co.uk. not cheap though, 6-7 quid for a 1/4 or 5/16 steel T piece. MJA.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.