Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: important GET MONEY BACK FROM BANKS ETC
JoelP

posted on 3/2/07 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
well mike, i appreciate what you are saying, but money is geared against people who are skint. Fines and penalties are good for ensuring people try not to miss payments, but once you are skint, it like getting kicked in the teeth. Rich people who can afford good accountants save more money through legal tax dodging, and poor people just get fooked over with penalties etc, and im afraid to me thats just not fair. Banks should be funded fairly by the whole spectrum of customers, not just those that they can victimise.

And let be honest, not using a bank isnt a real option due to the number of things that require you to have a bank, ie your job. Plus with no bank your credit rating is shafted.

Ive been rich and ive been broke, fortunately im happily in the middle now, but i feel for people who are getting shafted by banks just for being skint. Its not right.

MikeR

posted on 4/2/07 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
But this is the whole point,

"money is geared against people who are skint. Fines and penalties are good for ensuring people try not to miss payments, but once you are skint, it like getting kicked in the teeth"

I'm in the lucky position that i've been able to manage my money so far (from being a skint student to now). The issue is, once you are skint, you stop spending. You live within your means. It frustrates me that i've seen people who say "i've got no money" who then go out and get drunk friday / saturday. If you've "got no money" stay in the house & don't spend it, find a second job ....... i'm only speaking from what i've seen but the people i know seem to expect life to be gifted them on a plate & when its not complain that its not fair. I'm amazed that people expect banks to give you money when you have none in your account. Do these people expect random strangers to give them money because their pockets are empty? What about random companies? I've spent a fair bit with ASDA, perhaps i should expect them to give me free food once in a while.

I got to the point i let someone stay with me for a while to save money. All he did was spend more & carried on complaining about being skint. What really got to me was when he changed his car "cause he wanted something with a bit of status". Instead of buying a 5 year old reliable runaround, he got a 3 year old BMW. I'm not going to explain his situation anymore, but it was ENTIRELY of his own making.

owelly

posted on 4/2/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
My other half changed bank accounts and was under the impression that all the direct debits/standing orders had been transferred to her new accont.
When we returned from holiday, she had a letter telling her that she had gone overdrawn and that for EACH unpaid DD/SO, she would be charged £25 PER DAY!!
By the time we got back off out holidays, she hadover £900 worth of charges and then a further £30 per day for the unauthorised overdraft.
All this for someone who had just had our first child so was on basic maternity pay and all my wages go to paying the bills. The reason for the mix-up on the DD/SO was entirely due to the bank failing to provide the new bank with the details.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.