Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: women checking oil levels
Aboardman

posted on 28/1/07 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
women checking oil levels

i had a call from my mates step daughter asking me to look at her car, couple of small jobs, tail light out and radio stopped, easy fix new bulb and new fuse
and oil light sometimes comes on checked the oil level not even showing on dipstick
it took 3 and half litres of oil to fill it up

Fozzie

posted on 29/1/07 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aboardman
i had a call from my mates step daughter asking me to look at her car, couple of small jobs, tail light out and radio stopped, easy fix new bulb and new fuse
and oil light sometimes comes on checked the oil level not even showing on dipstick
it took 3 and half litres of oil to fill it up

Hmmmm...... I have also heard of many a man doing the exact same thing.......and worse!
Routine levels/tyre pressure checking is hardly rocket science is it?

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Simon

posted on 29/1/07 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
Probably needs a new 710 cap too

ATB

Simon

andrew-theasby

posted on 29/1/07 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
I once took a punto gt turbo out for a test drive, gave it the usual thrashing to listen for any noises, then got back and looked under the bonnet and found that had no oil on the dipstick! needless to say i didnt buy it, but that was from a garage who should have no excuses!
Browser

posted on 29/1/07 at 04:47 AM Reply With Quote
You'd be suprised how many people think that the red warning light means low oil level. Our old Carina GTi had a low warning light and I've had to try very hard to convince my wife that this is a relatively unusual feature and if she ever sees a red oil can light up on the dash, stop the chuffin' car!
In line with the subject of this thread, how many people have you met who think that an MOT is a service? A mate once serviced a car for a friend of theirs, alright it was a 1.3 Maestro, hardly the cutting edge of technology, but she'd complained of heavy steering and the engine stalled if she ever pushed the choke in. Turned out her husband, who'd left her, had always dealt with vehicle servicing, though he'd have been better asking someone with a brain cell.
The oil was totally shagged, the air filter a solid lump, the plugs and points had gaps like the Grand Canyon and were burnt to feck, the carb was all over the place and all four tyres had 10psi in them. Turned out his idea or servicing was the MOT! To say Andy transformed the car for her was a gross understatement

gary gsx

posted on 29/1/07 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like half are lorry drivers at work
seadog

posted on 29/1/07 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Ask 'Shortie' about his method of when to top his oil up......he likes to wait for the sweet tones of CLANKING under the bonnet before he checks his levels!!

Volvorsport

posted on 29/1/07 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
and the opposite is of course - the engine not being able to run because someone filled the engine right to the top - ie coming out the filler cap - caused a few smiles that did .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

James

posted on 29/1/07 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Friend of mine has an MGF.

She drives it every weekday 1.5miles to the train station, then 1.5miles home. So nice cold starts with some queuing in traffic.

I asked the other day about what she did about sevicing it.... it's not had an oil change in it's entire 56,000 mile life!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

SeaBass

posted on 29/1/07 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a recipe for the black death!!

Image from the Engine Oil Bible...

Cheers

rusty nuts

posted on 29/1/07 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
0nce had an old girl come into the garage I worked at saying her car, an 1100 had a water leak . She had filled it up and it took 2 water cans or more . Unfortunatly she had filled through the oil filler cap.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.