Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how do i report an item not recieved on ebay?
auzziejim

posted on 3/2/07 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
how do i report an item not recieved on ebay?

i won this item on ebay and have yet to recieve it! i payed instantly with pay pal and have since sent 2 emails neither of which i have had replys to

now im not too bothered about the money its only a few quid but it just pi$$es me off but i cant find how to report this lowlife to ebay. also what will happen about feedback this jacka$$ will obviously leave negative feedback yet i payed instantly and have waited patiently and currently have 100% this wont look good will it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290069477610&rd=1&rd=1

nib1980

posted on 3/2/07 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
In the drop down menu from the item you won or on the listing page when your logg4ed in you can report it
stevec

posted on 3/2/07 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Says he is no longer registered,
But if you payed pay pal your credit card company may be able to help but somehow I cant help thinking you are screwed.
Hope the git gets some horrible pox.
Steve.

JoelP

posted on 3/2/07 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/feedback/questions/feedback-unregistered.html

this page says you can log a dispute with paypal direct, within 45 days. Since ebay and paypal are co owned, paypal should have no trouble siding with you since the guy has fallen out with ebay.

TangoMan

posted on 3/2/07 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
As Joel says fill out a dispute form. You can claim your money back upto £60.

I had a similar problem with a guy who was no longer registered but I paid with a postal order so couldn't prove I had paid.

Good Luck

Summer's here!!!!

Avoneer

posted on 3/2/07 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
You can only claim through paypal once in 12 months I think.

So....if it's only a couple of quid, cut your losses - you may need to claim for something bigger in the future.

We all get stung on ebay now and again and it's always easier not to leave feedback than leave a negative.

Pat...(veteran ebayer with nearly 1000 +ve feedback)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dazza

posted on 3/2/07 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
paypal

claims on paypal is the only way, i just had one refunded, automatically, 12 days after i filed for it , as the item never arrived....

so go that avenue, i dont think there is a limit on the 12 month thing, but might be an idea to check. feedback no longer an issue if hes not registered, means neither can leave feedback.....

thems the joys of ebay mate. my work mate lost £1200 on tickets, to disney, never received the tickets.... and no one, police, paypal, ebay etc can do anything about it..... great eh!!!

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

auzziejim

posted on 3/2/07 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys filed through paypal, just didnt know how to do it as iv never had to before
Confused but excited.

posted on 3/2/07 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Claiming on Paypal for a few quid is a complete waste, as they charge you £15.
If you have his address write to him and tell him that if you don't either recieve the item that you paid for or a complete refund, you will;
a) contact Trading Standards.
b) The Police and charge him with theft.
c) If he was a trader, the Inland Revenue.

This approach got my money back, off a thieving pikey.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

ecosse

posted on 3/2/07 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
Claiming on Paypal for a few quid is a complete waste, as they charge you £15.

I've had to make a few claims through paypal and it's never cost me anything yet!

Cheers
Alex

mistergrumpy

posted on 3/2/07 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't cost me nothing either but best thing was is that they locked up the other persons Paypal account until he paid up as there were no funds in it and he is quite a big company and needed to look at his history for tax reasons but couldn't which added to the pressure. Go for it, well worth it

Macbeast

posted on 4/2/07 at 05:57 AM Reply With Quote
Re postal orders .....

I always thought that when you keep your receipt the Post office can track the PO and determine whether it has been cashed ?

02GF74

posted on 4/2/07 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
good lucj with getting your money back.

my gut feeling is that eby/paypal aren't exactly gonna bend over backwards to get your money badk - they must have millions of cases like this.

if you paid via credit card (in pp account), then you can resort to creadt cardd refund.

let use know how it goes.

owelly

posted on 4/2/07 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
My chum sold a mountain bike to a guy who then decided a week later that the frame was cracked. My chum refunded his money and the chap sent the bike back. But the bike he sent back was a jumbled assortment of crappy bike spares and a different frame, all chucked in a tatty box. Nothing like the £600 bike he had bought!!
Paypal, Ebay and the plod were not interested. The chap said it was a simple case of the item being refunded. Obviously my chum lost his bike but did gain a box full of crap.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
auzziejim

posted on 7/2/07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
well i nearly fell over backwards....i got homw today and said item has arrived today with a post mark dated....yesterday

still no word through ebay/paypal but im happy i have my item

thanks guys your help is much appreciated

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.