Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: book chassis blunder
stats

posted on 1/7/03 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
book chassis blunder

Heeelp just starting out and already come to a standing stop. I purchased a "unfinished kit with the tranny tunnel in a straight line down both sides which did not look to bad untill i tried to fit the enclosed cortina mk3? axle, your there before me, yes it would rub so i have had to cut out one side of the tunnel to accomodate this.(drivers side) and so far it looks ok. 1st question is do the trailing arms have to be straight, if it does then i am afraid that the diff will bumb on the chassis. 2nd is do I fit a sierra 1800 pinto(basic book chassis)engine that is driving me round at the moment"gearbox wider"and if I do will I need to enlarge the front of the chassis to accept the box or should I use 13xflow that came with the car. some direction would be realy appretiated
thanks
stats

Stu16v

posted on 1/7/03 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Do the trailing arms have to be straight?
Not sure what you mean. Straight as in the design of the arms, or fitment to the chassis?
5spd gearbox should squeeze into a tunnel originally designed for a 4spd box, as long as it is a type 9 (cast unit, separable bellhousing) but you may have to widen if it is a mt75 box (alloy casing, integral bellhousing).

HTH Stu.

Dont just build it.....make it!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.