Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Ginetta Race Driver Assessment
Pants On Fire

posted on 7/2/07 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Ginetta Race Driver Assessment

Well I am all booked in and off to Wales tomorrow. I am off to Llandow circuit to strut my stuff. There are 2 assessments. One on the 8th and one on the 22nd. Do well in these and you get a call back for a third assessment with interviews. Make it through this one and 10 drivers get the call back for the final assessment. The final successful applicant gets a £50000 season fully funded driving a Ginetta G20 for Speedworks Motorsport. Support act at Brands for the A1 GP and then support race for the GT car season.

Not to say that I am very excited or anything like that but I am really up for this. I dont have any illusions that it will be a walk in the park. I have been looking at the forum web site and it sounds like a lot of good drivers are going to attend. I will give it my best shot. If you fancy having a look at the info you can find it on the speedworks motorsport web site.

Wish me luck!

TimC

posted on 7/2/07 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
I hope they have snow tyres at the ready! If the forecast is right, I don't like your chances. If weather is brighter I might try to pop across for a look.

Good Luck

TC

Jon Ison

posted on 7/2/07 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Genuine good wishes from here.

I hope it don't turn out too be one of those where a couple of up coming Shumys who have done everything in karting etc are in attendance, is it for novice drivers ?

Pants On Fire

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
It's a genuine open to anyone competition hence I'm expecting lots of scrawny karting types!
jamesg20

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Best of Luck,
It's a great series, it's a great car, and best of all, everyones friendly.

James.

donut

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Take some snow chains!!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
greggors84

posted on 7/2/07 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Is it the Dunlop one? If so I thought it was only open to people who have never held a MSA license even karting.

My mate is doing it too, although I didnt think it was Llandow, there might be regional early rounds though. Wish I had known about it sooner, sounded a really good deal.

Good luck! I might see you in the paddock at Brands for th A1 GP if you do well!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

TimC

posted on 7/2/07 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
A quick tip for you ...

LSDWEB used to be an instructor @ Llandow. Last minute advice....

I can't make it to have a look sadly. Knowing what a few of the BECs do around there, it'd be interesting to see some times.

Pants On Fire

posted on 8/2/07 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Cancelled today, 4 inches of snow.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.