Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EFI V8 the Second hurdle cleared
Agriv8

posted on 26/2/07 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
EFI V8 the Second hurdle cleared

Well after pulling the Lucas hotwire of my car sunday ( it let me down Again Satruday )

Started Wiring in the VEMS unit.

Anyway long and the short of it connected it up hoping for a cough nothing so back to basics no spark sorted the coild out.

We have spark !!

so connected the vems up again and and turned her over !!!

The v8 lives on VEMS
The v8 lives on VEMS

The bloody thing jumped into life and ticked over long enough for me to fall over in shock pick myself up and hit the print screen key.

Best get on and get the Wide band calibrated !!!

Regards

AGRIV8 Now running on Vems

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

wilkingj

posted on 26/2/07 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Well Done...

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chockymonster

posted on 27/2/07 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
You seem to be missing some RPM

[Edited on 27/2/07 by chockymonster]

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macnab

posted on 27/2/07 at 01:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
You seem to be missing some RPM

[Edited on 27/2/07 by chockymonster]

Why when it says 1424rpm...?

Is the timing suppose to be 13 deg though, is it not meant to be around 7 deg?

Agriv8

posted on 27/2/07 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
I think chocy was comenting that the red line apears to be 6k as aposed to the 10 and a bit available from his chosen 'Scooter ' engine .

Spark still controlled by Dizzie for the Moment ( thus the reading ) but not for long.

Hope to have the Wide band Lambda up and running for the weekend

Regards

Agriv8

Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

ceebmoj

posted on 27/2/07 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
hi,

any chance you can give some more info on youer set up and what optione you have on the MS?

iom looking at running bike TB on a V8

blake

Agriv8

posted on 27/2/07 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Well Here is a pick which will explain my setup

Ps sorry for the mes big engine small garage

Will post more info if requied actually using a VEMS unit ( but you can use Megatune to tune it )

macnab

posted on 27/2/07 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Very similar to how I want to go with my V6 after the SVA, so your experience I'm sure will be invaluable. Have you fitted trumpets inside the chamber? I was going to get a new manifold which is intended for 3 duel Webbers and instead fit trumpets with the injectors pointing straight down them. For the chamber I intend to make a big glassfiber box with a lid for access, though I think it will have to be quite strong due too vacuum build up at idle. I think I will also ask Mark to make me a control unit.

Agriv8

posted on 27/2/07 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yes there are cut down Range rover trumpets under the Carbon Fiber plenum Long and thin ( for touque ? / discuss ).

These will be swapped for the ' Supper flare carbon ones ' When the SWIMBO's not looking !!

I belive getting you injectors as close to the valves as possible is a goal to stop fuel drop out.

Also I am setting up on batch fire ( Ods and evens batched ) but will be going Sequential when I can get sone high flow injectors from over the pond ) better for squeezing more BHP.

Regardsing the quite strong yes will need to be but currently the butterfly on my throttle body will have to be set slightly open as I have no Idle control valve fitted )

regards

Agriv8

darrens

posted on 27/2/07 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
Yes there are cut down Range rover trumpets under the Carbon Fiber plenum Long and thin ( for touque ? / discuss ).

These will be swapped for the ' Supper flare carbon ones ' When the SWIMBO's not looking !!

I belive getting you injectors as close to the valves as possible is a goal to stop fuel drop out.

Also I am setting up on batch fire ( Ods and evens batched ) but will be going Sequential when I can get sone high flow injectors from over the pond ) better for squeezing more BHP.

Regardsing the quite strong yes will need to be but currently the butterfly on my throttle body will have to be set slightly open as I have no Idle control valve fitted )

regards

Agriv8

Where did you get you plenum from, have been looking for one of these for my MS setup.

cheers

Agriv8

posted on 28/2/07 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
I bought Mine Second Hand but it originated from Act performance.

LINKY - Act Performance

BUT sit down before viwing they aint cheep but this is proper carbon fibre I belive. Can't see the price for one like mine but I am sure they still do them

it is known to them as the one they did for Westfield V8

But I have enquired for prices for the Trumpets and got a reasnabally quick reponse.

If you need dimension I can measure one up for you.

Regards

Agriv8

Agriv8

posted on 28/2/07 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Another thought if the Act performance one is too steep for you and you are 3.9 or smaller my original one is up for sale the westfield is up for grabs

Here is a pick

wetie Plenumn
wetie Plenumn

Let me know if you want ant further info.

regards

Agriv8

MikeRJ

posted on 28/2/07 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Spraying against the back of the valve improves emmisions, but for maximum power on race engines the injectors are mounted at the ends of the trumpets!

Agriv8

posted on 28/2/07 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

Spraying against the back of the valve improves emmisions, but for maximum power on race engines the injectors are mounted at the ends of the trumpets!

There you go Learn somthing new everyday, I wander why that is then.

Regards

Agriv8

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.