Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: webbers
ricklawn

posted on 3/3/07 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
webbers

has anyone done a service re-build on a rair of webbers? and if so how easy is it on a 1-10 scale? ie to service do you have to bugger about with the jets
cossiebri

posted on 3/3/07 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Done this a few times ...
only change the jet's if blocked/worn etc
A rebuild kit consists of new o-rings,joints etc,also comes with a new needle valve.
just make sure the fuel bowl floats are adjusted correctly.from the gasket to edge of float should be 7.5 mm when shut off and 15mm when open(droop)

[Edited on 3/3/07 by cossiebri]

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

RichieW

posted on 3/3/07 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Never done it but theres an article in this months PPC mag(Practical Performance car) about a twin weber stripdown and rebuild. (I think they are from memory) Theres loads of photos so it sould give you a good idea if you can manage it or not.

[Edited on 3/3/07 by RichieW]

ricklawn

posted on 3/3/07 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
the webbers are just as i bought the car. car runs very well but leaking fuel from the seals. also i have been told that there should be a bit of play, ie not bolted on solid as mine are, so hopefully i wont have to touch the internal......Touch wood...

i have just re read that , does it make sence?????????????

zetec7

posted on 3/3/07 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
The hard part about Webers is getting them jetted correctly in the first place. In your case, that's already done. Tuning them up is easy...they're the easiest carbs I've ever worked on for servicing. There's loads of free stuff on the 'net about fixing minor problems like that. Give it a go - you'll be glad you did. And, you'll know more about your carbs.

http://www.freewebs.com/zetec7/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.