Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: best way to fix my bonnet
mongrelwestie

posted on 21/3/07 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
best way to fix my bonnet

im after suggestions in how to fix my bonnet down, but ones that will both look good and pass an sva Rescued attachment DSC07252.JPG
Rescued attachment DSC07252.JPG

andyace

posted on 21/3/07 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Bonnet catches. there are some on ebay at the moment, you will need two pairs. These are SVA compliant and will set you back £27 including the postage for the 4 of them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AVRI&viewitem=&item=270101818232&rd=1&rd=1

NTDWM

miegru

posted on 21/3/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Don't have pics but some years ago i saw a beautifull solution on a VM:

Four locating pins. In the front like the Westfield solution (20mm long and roughly 8mm diameter pins bolted to the front edge of the bonnet, located into matching holes in the nose cone). You cannot see this from the outside.

On the back he had mounted the same pins but then vertically. Then he had taken a bonnet-fixture from a (i believe) polo and fixed that to the scuttle.

You could see nothing from the outside and it worked exactly like a 'normal' car.

Or you could use the standard westfield solution with two locating pins in front and two locks in the back. I am happy with this and it is SVA friendly. Prices on their website.

jlparsons

posted on 21/3/07 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I'm thinking of using something you can't see from the outside, thought about using the cheap door-catch type from car builder solutions and using a cable-pull from the inside. Problem is you might have a job getting the tension right. Also by the time i'm at that stage i think those sva friendly catches will look very easy and friendly and cheap.
Also i've never looked at the westerham solutions and i'm thinking they're probably better.

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Some assembly required. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval, terms and conditions apply. Apply only to affected area. For recreational use only. All models over 18 years of age. No user-serviceable parts inside. Subject to change. As seen on TV. One size fits all. May contain nuts. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly.

BenB

posted on 21/3/07 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I personally like a Dzus fastener at each end of the bonnet with locating pins in the middle of the bonnet sides to locate them in place and prevent bowing... Dzus fasteners look quite racy for me and not out of keeping with the Sevenesque appearance... but each to their own....
ch1ef

posted on 22/3/07 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyace
Bonnet catches. there are some on ebay at the moment, you will need two pairs. These are SVA compliant and will set you back £27 including the postage for the 4 of them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AVRI&viewitem=&item=270101818232&rd=1&rd=1

NTDWM

These work well for me - very happy with them!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.