Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Twin engined
mandbsheldon

posted on 22/3/07 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Twin engined

I have in my garage 2 spare fazer 1000 engines. It seems that it's all the rage at the mo fitting Turbos, Supercharges etc.
So here's the question. What's involved with fitting a second engine, like the Tiger Z100? How do you get both engines driving the rear axle? Or is it a better idear to have the second engine driving the front wheels. Any advice greatly appriciated. Or shall I just learn to drive the one I've got

Leigh

Jed

posted on 22/3/07 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Have you seen Tim's site? He did a twin engined Westfield a while back and still has a copy of the site here: Just-the-one
tim windmill

posted on 22/3/07 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
leigh, look after my spare engine
mandbsheldon

posted on 22/3/07 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote

mandbsheldon

posted on 22/3/07 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
I just need some one to tell me how!!
russbost

posted on 22/3/07 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Do it my way - 2 engines at the rear one driving each rear wheel.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Paul TigerB6

posted on 23/3/07 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
go for it Leigh, the Tiger had thousands (£) spent to get it too run right, there were sensors on the steering etc, everytime you made a geometery adjustment you were meant to set it all up again, or at least thats what i was told by the guy who sorted the ecu's for it.

i'm sure there's a cheaper way to do it.

Chris

The Tiger Z100WR did indeed have loads spent on it and G-sensors to measure acceleration and cornering. With 200bhp at each end and no mechanical linkage (ie centre diff) between the front and rear wheels the car would understeer in the corners and spin the front wheels under acceleration. The sensors fed info to the very clever Motec ECUs / electronic and basically reduced the power to the front wheels under acceleration and cornering. It was certainly very effective when i got a few laps (in the left seat unfortunately!!) Would hate to think how much all that would cost if building one now.
The first twin engined Tiger (Z100 that VBH drove on Top Gear - for sale on Fleabay btw) used a transfer box to "merge" the power from each engine before a prop took it to the rear diff. Might be worth trying Zcars to ask about these transfer boxes as I seem to remember Chris Allanson had them made for him by an ex Rolls Royce engineer.

Hope this helps
Paul

[Edited on 23/3/07 by Paul TigerB6]

Guinness

posted on 24/3/07 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Leigh

I have three ZZR1100 engines at the moment.

Once you get a twin engined car sorted let me know and I'll get started on a triple!!

Mike

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.