Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi Engine to Ford Gearbox
RazMan

posted on 2/4/07 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Audi Engine to Ford Gearbox

Just read in this month's WKC that a Dutch firm has come up with an adaptor plate to connect the Audi Turbo to an MT-75.
Not exactly Locost but certainly worth a mention.

More details here

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
grahamgg

posted on 2/4/07 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
I might be wrong! tiger holland do a bellhousing for the type 9 to audi/vw engine and it is reasonably priced.cant find the web site but I remember being on there not long back i will try find a link

found the link here

way cheaper

[Edited on 2/4/07 by grahamgg]

DIY Si

posted on 2/4/07 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
But how long will a type 9 last behind a 1.8T? The MT75 option, though more expensive, would be a better long term bet me thinks. Also, if the type 9 can take it, how long will it be before you start to tune the engine? I know I can't leave engines standard for long!

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

AlphaX

posted on 2/4/07 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
that would be us with that ford-vag connection. It might look more expensive than just the bellhouse, but our kit comes including flywheel, custom made clutch, clutchcover and spacer. Those aren't yet included in the bellhousing price. In the end, it's cheaper. Plus the MT75 can take the power.
RazMan

posted on 2/4/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't realise that it included everything like that - good value then!

Quite a clever combination too - the MT-75 is good for over 300bhp and is a good replacement for the aging Type 9.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.