Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vectra 1.8 Ls
pjavon

posted on 2/4/07 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Vectra 1.8 Ls

I'm cosidering a Vectra 1.8 Ls 2002 with 77,000 miles on the clock. Anyone got any experience/things i should know before i buy as i need a bigger car but want to pay as little as possible for one, i think i can get it for about £3700 with full mot and all tyres etc o.k
Any advice please
Thanks Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

Dazza

posted on 2/4/07 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
vectras are good

just sold an astra 2002/02 for £3000. and it was a great drive and in good condition. so £3700 is about right, make sure its got history and a recent cam belt etc , and avoid high milers unless its a diesel. the dti is fantastic of u want a tdi....

try a higher spec car, they hold money better, remember any car after 2001 will be the new tax bracket so worth checking that when u buy.
good luck, private buy and an AA/RAC cheack will save you money compared to some overpriced dealers,
Dazza

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

grahamgg

posted on 2/4/07 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I run a 06 diesel vectra taxi done 34'000 miles since november no problems yet.but flywheels go on the diesels.My mate ran a 1.8 petrol vectra for a while and the front hub bearing went and i think there is an issue with the water pumps going,but petrol consumption was good on the 1.8,also check the engine management lights go out as soon as they start and give it a good test drive ,I know two taxi drivers who have had problems with them going into limp mode,but these were on 2.2 diesels
Marcus

posted on 2/4/07 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Go for an Alfa 156, similar money, bags more style

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 3/4/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
If you go for a Vectra make sure the water pump , timing belt, guides and pulleys have all been changed . Pumps fail like clockwork

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.