Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Attaching rear panel and arches
locoboy

posted on 3/4/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Attaching rear panel and arches

I am looking for ideas on how you attached your GTS panther rear panel and arches,

I have 15 inch wheels and with the arch positioned level with the bottom of the rear panel and the botom of the side panel it seems to have a huge gap between the tyre and the arch......

any pictures would be ideal.

Also how have you made the bit that sits on top of the shock mount look presentable?

ATB
Locoboy

Hellfire

posted on 3/4/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
If the car isn't on the ground, it needs to be! Don't forget it'll drop with some weight in it! Clearance is good, much better than the alternative...

flak monkey

posted on 4/4/07 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
My rear panel is just held on with the rivnuts that hold the rear arches on at the moment. Usually you put some rivets in underneath at the back as well to stop it flopping around.

My rear arches are level at the front and rear and cross the point where the side panel and back panel meet by your elbow if that makes sense. That gives you 3 points of reference, and positioning the arch centrally on the wheel.

I can get some better pics today, there migt be something in my archive thats useful though.

David

Rear lights
Rear lights

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

BKLOCO

posted on 4/4/07 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Whilst the size of the wheel is a factor in the clearance a more critical factor is the tyre profile that you are using.
The clearance with 15" wheels and 55 or 60 profile tyres should be fine if you are setting the arches to the lower edges of the bodywork.
The clearance will of course also depend on what length coilovers you have used on the rear. If you bought the GTS pack make sure you have the correct ones on the front and rear. There is (I think) 1/2" differance in the respective lengths

There should be minimal work required regarding the bodywork that fits on top of the shock mount generally just trimming it up with a file will look OK as there is no join in this area to match up unlike some manufacturers.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.