Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dax Rush body fit quality?
scotty g

posted on 5/4/07 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Dax Rush body fit quality?

hello evryone, i had the chance to do a few jobs on a dax Rush today, its a purple left hand driver from Belgium with a 2.9 V6 out of a Granada.
The car has been very well built with some really lovely touches to finish it off such as LED brake lights across the top of thre back panel and flush fitting stainless vents in the bonnet, all in all its a real credit to the builder.
Having said that i was suprised to notice a 10mm difference between the chassis rails and the side panels, the builder has used a 10mm thick strip of wood sat on top of the upper rail in order to pack it out enough to fit the GRP side panel.
I had always thought of the Rush as one of the more upmarket 7 clones due to its price and reputation but i have to say i'm not that impressed with it at all.
Also there's no bloody room in them! I'm 5.11" and my legs were bent up and touching the steering wheel and i take a size 8-9 shoe and i keep treading on either my own feet or two peddles at once, shocking lack of space!
Has anyone else been in one, how was it for you?
cheers.

stevec

posted on 5/4/07 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Alex, on here is building a Rush.
I have seen it a few times and everything ive seen seems to fit well.
This is a link to his photos, you may find it of interest.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=omega0684
Steve.

scotty g

posted on 5/4/07 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
has he put the side panels on yet?
what size feet has he got?!
Have to say thought that apart from the 10mm strips of timber the rest of the panels fitted perfectly and the finished car looks great.

chrsgrain

posted on 5/4/07 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
That 10mm gap is designed in.... though it is meant to be at the bottom of the side panels! Not sure how the back would be made to fit with the extra space at the top???? Having said that its designed in, I'm not entirely sure why, though it does then cover the lowered floor pan that is available to give you a bit more room inside.....

I'm 5'10" with size 8's and it is snugg but comfy - bit like most LSIS I reckon.... generally the quality of the bodywork is pretty good on mine....

Chris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

stevec

posted on 5/4/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
The panels are on and I did not see any wood.
Alex is quite tall but he is slim, not a bloater like me.
I dont know his shoe size, If I speak to him I'll ask.
Steve.

dano

posted on 5/4/07 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
im 6'3" and i fit ok in my dax lenght wise, it does get a bit narrow near my size 11s but on the accelerater side they fit a bulge panel on the side which is hidden by the flared side panels on the mc, and on the cluch side i noticed most people beat the panal out a bit towards the prop, allowing a bit more space for your feet
quadra

posted on 5/4/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a Rush and yes some of the Dax panels could be better. The bonnet is probably the worst bit, but then the wheels arches and front mudguards are imo a lot better than other types. I made my own side panels so can't comment on those.

Mike

You don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

Blackbird Rush

posted on 5/4/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Building my 2nd rush at the mo, some of the GRP panels are not as 'production' as other 7's but where the dax excels is in the chassis, like Mike i have made my side panels from scratch this time, as the side panels on my 1st rush had the self same gaps at the bottom which i didn't like, although as far as i know the original aluminium sided earlier cars had a much better fit.....

Ash.

Vdub boy

posted on 5/4/07 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
I've found the body quality on mine Dax very good- approx 5years old. I'm 6ft 2 and got size twevle feet and though its a snug fit its not uncomfortable.

Leigh

mcerd1

posted on 6/4/07 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
I would have suggested that you looked/ asked around on the Rush owners forum

but aparently every ones on here aswell

-Robert

[Edited on 6/4/07 by mcerd1]

scotty g

posted on 6/4/07 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
mike, those ally side panels look great, nice one.
Don't get me wrong guys i'm not knocking the quality of the kit, most of the car is top notch, just couldn't get my head round the 10mm gap thing.
Over the years i've been lucky enough to sit in and drive most of the 7 clones out there and of the 2 rushes i've been in they were both painfully cramped but then they were both left hookers, maybe this makes a difference? strangely both were purple as well!
Out of interest have you Rush guys kept with the under-dash handbrake?

iiyama

posted on 6/4/07 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Handbrake on the BEC Rush is in the normal place. Not to keen on the underdash placement but this seem to be where it should be on all the CEC Rush's.

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.