Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How much would a computer testing / FEA engineer charge
MattCraneCustoms

posted on 17/4/07 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
How much would a computer testing / FEA engineer charge

Evening all. Just working on a piece of coursework, thought I'd ask you chaps first, Anyone know what sort of region a company would charge for the process of component design, and FEA analysis? I've design a brake pedal in Catia, but have no idea on how much someone in the industry, using such a program, would charge to do it, £25 per hour? If anyone on here has any idea it would be great,
Cheers
Matt

nib1980

posted on 17/4/07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
my place would pay you £22.04 but thats as a contractor, as a permi it's nearer to £19
12a RX-7

posted on 17/4/07 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
I think you will find thats just the wage bill above. With overheads etc. you will be looking at best part of £100 an hour for somthing like FEA and design work, especially on a high end CAE system like CATIA

Catpuss

posted on 17/4/07 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yep. At about 20 quid an hour for a permie I'd expect it would cost the company about 40 quid an hour minimum for the labour, so I'd expect you to pay in the region of 75 quid an hour for a cheapie rate.
As said probably a ton an hour in reality. Of course it also depends on how quick they are. 1 hr at £100 is certainly cheaper than 3 hrs at even £50.

britishtrident

posted on 18/4/07 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
A lot more than that ---- remember they will have to carry the can if things go wrong.

Any idiot can use FEA software --- the skill is knowing enough to get it to produce valid results.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.