Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: are these carbs suitable
westf27

posted on 18/4/07 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
are these carbs suitable

got a set of Kawasaki 1200 keihlins 36mm.would these be suitable for 2 ltr pinto with fast road cam and injection head.Did not want to waste time if the opinion is they are no good

DarrenW

posted on 18/4/07 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
ZZR1200's?? I recall sevensport was going to use those but maybe going down throttle body route instead.
Im planning on using ZZR1100. 1200's maybe better as im sure they have TPS built in.

Just an aside question - what bit do you measure to get the 36mm choke size? i was under the impression mine might be a bit large but thought they were closer to 40mm - wondering if i measured incorrectly.

westf27

posted on 18/4/07 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
Darren I measured the internal bore behind the butterfly and its 36mm.These carbs are off zrx1200s.It was an 05 model with 2k on the clock so there like brand new and yes have a tps but I have no need for that bit.Have you sorted yours yet ?.Phoned boggs and they have shut their order book temporarily eight week minimum for manifold.Thinking i'll make my own

just ckecked on th kawasaki site and yours should be 40mm

[Edited on 18/4/07 by westf27]

cryoman1965

posted on 18/4/07 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, 36mm choke is fine to power your set up.

N

DarrenW

posted on 18/4/07 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
I thought mine were approx 40 so many thanks for the confirmation. TPS is a pain to fit to mine. Very useful if you might change to MJLJ at a later date so dont take it off.

Sounds like you have found a nice set of carbs. Shame Boggs are closing the order book for a while, sounds like they are healthily busy. 8 weeks wont take long to come around and they do a good job though.

Im bust playing houses so not done mine yet. Im indulging in some property development to keep my busy and out of mischief.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.