Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted - Route from Newcastle to Cadwell
Guinness

posted on 18/4/07 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted - Route from Newcastle to Cadwell

I have a weekend pass from SWMBO and a mate racing in the HSCC at Cadwell Park on Sunday. Plan is to take a "scenic" route from Newcastle to Cadwell on the Saturday, stop over, watch the racing, then blast back up on Sunday evening.

Can anyone who lives between Newcastle and Cadwell Park chip in their knowledge to help me plan my route and avoid the boring A1, M62, M18 that I usually end up on when making the trip in the tin top?

So far I'm pretty certain I'll head out of Newcastle on the Military Road, across to Stocksfield, then pick up the A68 to Darlington. From then on I'm not sure.

The last bit of the route, I usually pick up the A18 at Humberside Airport and down to Cadwell that way. But this time I was thinking about the B1225?

Cheers

Mike

Andy W

posted on 18/4/07 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Depends on how scenic, why not try A1 boro'bridge - york - hull - humber bridge-louth-cadwell

Andy

[Edited on 19/4/07 by Andy W]

jambojeef

posted on 18/4/07 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
What about Newcastle to Penrith, Penrith to Newcastle - Newcastle to Cadwell?!
12a RX-7

posted on 18/4/07 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
knowing that area quite well from road rallying try this ... takes in some of the best bits

From humbrside airport get on the B1225 coming soutbound down that road turn right towards Walesby then turn left to Tealby and turn left again (this is a loop but the road is ace)

then straight across the B1225 X roads and turn right at binbrook down to great Tows (down the switchbacks)

Then right at the end and left on to A631 then right at the X-roads then staggerd turn left then right and onto bluestone heath road and pretty much direct to cadwell ... can take loops off bluestone heath road if you fancy Redhill, Stenigot ... all quite interesting

There is a decent pub for food at Donnington on Bain too

[Edited on 18/4/07 by 12a RX-7]

Guinness

posted on 19/4/07 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.