Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HELMET VISOR
matt.c

posted on 28/4/07 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
HELMET VISOR

Bought myself a new SHARK helmet at MCN last weekend and i has a clear visor on it and i want to change it. Found out that they are about £40 So i dont want to make a mistake and get the wrong sort!
Which sort have you got? Ie what colour and how dark or how light?

Having not wearing helmets before i dont know of how much is the sun a problem when driving?

Cheers for all the help

tiffshaw

posted on 28/4/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Get a FOG CITY HYPEROPTIK insert. They are a tinted insert that starts clear in the dark and tints blue in the sun getting progressively darker as the sun gets brighter.

They also stop any fogging of the visor too,

Chris

MOz

posted on 28/4/07 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Don't bother with any light sensitive inserts. They are all crap, and don't last five minutes.

Check ebay for visors or www.thevisorshop.com

Make sure you note the model name and number of the lid and you should be OK.

MOz

OX

posted on 28/4/07 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
dark visors are brilliant in the day but try not to get caught out at night with one on. you cant see a thing and you end up raising the visor and looking through the gap and then your eyes start to stream and that makes things even worse

Humbug

posted on 28/4/07 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a Shark helmet too - cost about £55 so I didn't want to fork out nearly the same again. I got a sunstrip from Halfords and shaded out the top part of the visor. Because of the distance your eyes are from the visor itself, it helps cut out a lot of light. Sunglasses help too
nitram38

posted on 29/4/07 at 05:40 AM Reply With Quote
That is why I bought a caberg V2. It has a clear visor and an internal flip down grey tint visor.
It looks a bit like a fighter pilot helmet!

MOz

posted on 29/4/07 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
This is not difficult....... as long as you have a quality helmet visors should be easy to change. I can do my Arai in less than 30 secs and take a clear out with me just in case.

Shark tinted visors start from £23. You can go for the smoked, or the full race black visor depending on what lid you have.

See:

http://www.thevisorshop.com/acatalog/Main_Menu_Shark_Visors_376.html
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

MOz

worX

posted on 29/4/07 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
there will be a code on the top left of your visor (on a shoei it's CX1 or CX1-V etc) just put that into ebay...
I get mine from these guys...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHARK-XRR-XRS-DARK-TINT-VISOR_W0QQitemZ250109032000QQihZ015QQcategoryZ46168QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Alternately just go to the visor shop as instructed above, but if you do get it from ebay, get a visor bag aswell - they are usually about £2-3 and are great for storing visors aswell as taking out with you (car & bike).

hth
Steve.

matt.c

posted on 29/4/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Big thanks for the replies

I will have to go to bike shop and test which strenth ie smoked or full racing black, and then choose.

Is the full racing black visor too dark?

worX

posted on 1/5/07 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
It depends what you are doing - to be honest there isn't a perfect balance, black is a tiny bit too dark, and smoked doesn't quite cut it in bright sunlight (which is kinda why you want it?).
But if you want to play it safe, just get a dark smoke tint...

hth
Steve.
quote:
Originally posted by matt.c
Big thanks for the replies

I will have to go to bike shop and test which strenth ie smoked or full racing black, and then choose.

Is the full racing black visor too dark?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.