Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Leeds call in the administrators - non football fans ignore!
chockymonster

posted on 4/5/07 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Leeds call in the administrators - non football fans ignore!

Leeds have called in the administrators earning them a 10 point deduction and automatic relegation to League 1.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer club

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cryoman1965

posted on 4/5/07 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
Leeds have called in the administrators earning them a 10 point deduction and automatic relegation to League 1.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer club

I could think of worse, but i dont want to start an arguement so i will keep my thoughts to myself.

Maybe just one then

Millwall!!!!!

N

chrisg

posted on 4/5/07 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Probably a smart move to do it before the end of the season, otherwise they'd have started next season on minus 10.

I agree though, couldn't happen to a better team.

cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

chockymonster

posted on 4/5/07 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cryoman1965
I could think of worse, but i dont want to start an arguement so i will keep my thoughts to myself.

Maybe just one then

Millwall!!!!!

N

That goes without saying

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 4/5/07 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisg
Probably a smart move to do it before the end of the season, otherwise they'd have started next season on minus 10.

I agree though, couldn't happen to a better team.

cheers

Chris

On Radio 4 just now they were 'hoping' the 10 points would be taken out of this seasons total. Could be in division 2 this time next year if they start at -10 next year.

Worth £60million extra to be in the premier league apparently

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

stuart_g

posted on 4/5/07 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
Isn't it amazing how such a successful club a few years back is now in this situation.
spaximus

posted on 4/5/07 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
No it is not amazing it is the stupidity of the game. Look at Southampton they went down and yet their team value was millions, Portsmouth stayed up with players half the value. The differance was heart and a will to win.
Players are paid too much for too little and the clubs condone it, if they wages were capped at say £5k per week but they got £10k a goal do you think they would try harder?
Until a few clubs go to the wall the fans will be stiffed ever harder. I am not a football fan

chockymonster

posted on 4/5/07 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank

On Radio 4 just now they were 'hoping' the 10 points would be taken out of this seasons total. Could be in division 2 this time next year if they start at -10 next year.

Worth £60million extra to be in the premier league apparently

The 10 points will be deducted from this season as it hasn't finished.

billynomates

posted on 4/5/07 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
If I were a Leeds fan, I'd be gutted, Ken Bates is still going to be in control by the sounds of it. Lets see how much he thinks the people of Leeds are prepared to pay to watch crap football.
Farsley Celtic will be much better VFM.

martyn_16v

posted on 4/5/07 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
I don't quite understand how that works (in business in general I suppose, not just footy). Company is run into the ground with huge debts, directors send it into administration and then buy it back under a slightly different company name, and write off half of the debt? I be mightily merked if it was me they'd owed £35 million to
dave1888

posted on 4/5/07 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Scotland will be joining them in administration shortly and i dont mean the scotland football team but the country now that Alex (im a twank) Salmond has control of the reins. we're all doomed

jacko

posted on 4/5/07 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Come on HULLCITY
andrew.carwithen

posted on 4/5/07 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Come on HULLCITY

Nah! you've got no chance against the 'Mighty Greens'!!
Actually, it pi##ses me right off that Leeds can be allowed to exploit a loophole like this. There is effectively no punishment at all in their being deducted 10 points this season and not next, as they were already down bar the shouting anyway (as was borne out by their fans invading the pitch last weekend in a desperate attempt to get the game abandoned in the final minutes!)
Rotherham had no such 'sugar daddy' to bail them out last year and were unable to recover their 10 points deficit at the start of the season in league 1- resulting in their further unfortunate relegation to league 2.
Leeds should be made to suffer the same punishment.

JoelP

posted on 4/5/07 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
its quite comforting though, knowing that my 5 a side team will soon be playing above leeds utd
chockymonster

posted on 4/5/07 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andrew.carwithen
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Come on HULLCITY

Nah! you've got no chance against the 'Mighty Greens'!!
Actually, it pi##ses me right off that Leeds can be allowed to exploit a loophole like this. There is effectively no punishment at all in their being deducted 10 points this season and not next, as they were already down bar the shouting anyway (as was borne out by their fans invading the pitch last weekend in a desperate attempt to get the game abandoned in the final minutes!)
Rotherham had no such 'sugar daddy' to bail them out last year and were unable to recover their 10 points deficit at the start of the season in league 1- resulting in their further unfortunate relegation to league 2.
Leeds should be made to suffer the same punishment.

Totally agree,
A suggestion I read elsewhere is they should be penalised so that the next ten points they get are not counted. It would make much more sense and stop this stupid loophole.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.