Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Source for narrow, lightweight, decent priced carbon or grp seats
NS Dev

posted on 15/5/07 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Source for narrow, lightweight, decent priced carbon or grp seats

anybody know a man who can?

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

cossiebri

posted on 15/5/07 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
how about LINKY THING

I've got em and they are light and very comfy

[Edited on 15/5/07 by cossiebri]

If it doesn't fit MODIFY it!!
Cheers BriF

nib1980

posted on 15/5/07 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
I got a set of these and there fantastic, got mine for £150 delivered the pair

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/One-pair-fibreglass-kit-car-seats-in-black_W0QQitemZ270120438028QQihZ017QQcategoryZ100921QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

roadrunner

posted on 15/5/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
GTS tunning do coloured ones on flebay for £180.

02GF74

posted on 16/5/07 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roadrunner
GTS tunning do coloured ones on flebay for £180.

is that buy it now? pretty sure had seen them on for £ 120. (GF not CF)

Gergely

posted on 16/5/07 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,
Don't want to hijack the post at all, but what are people's experiences with the support of these seats as far as your thigh is concerned?
I have been in a car where the owner claimed they do get a little uncomfortable as you constantly need to hold your legs in the driving position flexing the back of your thigh muscles.
Any ideas if one particular seat is better than the other in this respect?
Thanks!
Gergely

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 16/5/07 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
My concern as well!

The support under your thigh is key to comfort, its this bit that should take your weight, not your bum!!!

Once I find a suitable supplier, I'll be sitting in them first before buying, as I am very fussy about seats.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

procomp

posted on 17/5/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi i dont think you will find a seat of that type (unless spending many £'s on a true carbonfibre) to take the loads/jarring of your application and be relativly comfortable. I have never found one that can take the 3.5 g round the corners whithout flexing to much unless adding a shed load of extra bracing/weight.

Best sugestion i can think of is a kirkey job of the slightly larger size and then do a 2pac foam insert to your requirements.

Should give a verry strong outer frame and a verry snug made to measure fit with all the support needed.

cheers matt

EDIT PS i take it this is for the 126 monster and not the ST.

[Edited on 17/5/07 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iiyama

posted on 17/5/07 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Best ones ive sat in are the Fluke/Mog Racing jobs, although they are not cheap.

If its broke, fix it. If it aint broke, take it apart and find out how it works!

chriscook

posted on 17/5/07 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
3.5g!! What in??

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
I have never found one that can take the 3.5 g round the corners whithout flexing to much unless adding a shed load of extra bracing/weight.

Avoneer

posted on 18/5/07 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
I got the same as Nib as the bloke just lives around the corner from me.

Much better made than MK and the like as they have an additional recess/strengthening bit inbetween the top belt holes and more reinforcement on the bottom shell.

You're welcome to fly over if you like and have a feel, but I'm a good 1 1/2 hour away!

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

NS Dev

posted on 20/5/07 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi i dont think you will find a seat of that type (unless spending many £'s on a true carbonfibre) to take the loads/jarring of your application and be relativly comfortable. I have never found one that can take the 3.5 g round the corners whithout flexing to much unless adding a shed load of extra bracing/weight.

Best sugestion i can think of is a kirkey job of the slightly larger size and then do a 2pac foam insert to your requirements.

Should give a verry strong outer frame and a verry snug made to measure fit with all the support needed.

cheers matt

EDIT PS i take it this is for the 126 monster and not the ST.

Ahh sorry Matt, no its (well they) are for the locost!

Had though about kirkey's for that though as well!

I've taken up your u2u suggestion, but I need to get some measurements which i haven't had time to do yet!

PS you don't have any aeroscreens laying around do you that would fit on a Stuart taylor scuttle?

birt

posted on 21/5/07 at 03:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chriscook
3.5g!! What in??

quote:
I have never found one that can take the 3.5 g round the corners whithout flexing to much unless adding a shed load of extra bracing/weight.

Someone clearly has a very serious aerodynamics kit. I am also interessted in what car is achieving 3.5g round the corners, obviously not a Locost!

procomp

posted on 21/5/07 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Hi u2u sent regarding screens.

cheers matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.