Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS ~ Recent Experiences wanted please
spw1970

posted on 29/5/07 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
GTS ~ Recent Experiences wanted please

I am about to place an order with GTS.

I am NOT interested in hearing gripes of people from years gone by but rather more recent stories....eg, if you ordered a kit in January what happened??!! Have you got it?!

As I said in a different posting, I work for a national bathroom installation company but if you google them you get nothing but bad reports as people are always quicker to moan than compliment.

Constructive feedback would be very welcome,

Thanks!

Stuart

graememk

posted on 29/5/07 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
call darren and ask him!

spw1970

posted on 29/5/07 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
I can call Darren but will he tell me if Mr X or Ms Y or Mrs Z are in the process of suing him for whatever reason?

I'm not suggesting for a minute that anyone is in litigation with GTS but I'm sure anyone would appreciate an impartial view is much more preferable

cluebie

posted on 30/5/07 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
They were very helpful with me and quick to respond via email in identifying the correct shocks for the car.

Ordering was a problem as the person that answered the telephone twice to me in 2 days couldn't take the order. Darren phoned and we completed the order on 18th May.

Since then my card has been charged (22nd May) with about £30 more than the agreed price and no shocks have arrived.

My email to them earlier today asking why the charge is different and why they've not arrived is unanswered. At this stage I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt but it does look like they've charged my card with the wrong amount before sending the goods out which is a big no no in my book.

flak monkey

posted on 30/5/07 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Stuart, see your U2U.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

tom_loughlin

posted on 30/5/07 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is finished now, All in all a Darrens a great guy...sometimes needs a little chasing after, but then again, who doesn't.
Really chuffed with my car too....been on the road 18months.... looking to sell it to build another.

I'm sure if you get one, you'll be well impressed.

The price is great too!

donut

posted on 30/5/07 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
I think things have been alot better recently....except for one person!!

I still wouldn’t, not worth the risk IMO

Mind you it is a nice looking 7, one of the better looking ones but on close up i was not impressed with the quality of the chassis or bodywork.

[Edited on 30/5/07 by donut]

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 30/5/07 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
I can only go by what i have seen at Brands Hatch 2 years ago. Tiger are the oppisite IMO with an over engineered chassis. I'm not saying the GTS chassis is bad or not fit for the job, far from it as you and others have proved a great car can be built but there are others that i would say were better.

But hey what do i know, i'm no engineer so my opinion is just that, for all i know it could be the strongest, lightest and best designed chassis out there.

I do still go with the opinion that it's probably one of the best looking kits and thats what people see 1st and it's obviously up to the job so if you like what you see go for it!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon S
Contributor

Posts 20
Registered 18/2/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Own designed single seat track day car

posted on 30/5/07 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
GTS - The Sound of Silence...

I had logged on this evening to ask whether people were having problems with GTS (as indeed I am) and I didn't have to look far.
I placed an order on 01.05.07 for wishbones based on the positive feedback people seem to give for the GTS 'bones. The card was charged and I followed up the order a week later with a call, which was answered by someone, but I never got the call back. I then e mailed a couple of times and got no-where, and now the phone isn't being answered and the phone message service is full. I am now concerned that GTS may be having more than just a bad month here... I will be writing a letter next demanding goods or re-fund as it is all I have left. I am sure they are all nice chaps/good to their mothers etc. but that is little compensation for being £220 down and wishbone-less. If I were you Stuart, I'd hang on to your cash until service appears to have cleared up.

flak monkey

posted on 30/5/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Funny that, I have had several emails and called once in the last week, and all were answered by the man himself.

A month aint bad, remember this isnt tescos or amazon. I seem to remember it says on the website allow 28 days for delivery. Its only just got to that time, so to be honest I dont see where the problem is.

As for the chassis/bodywork. The bodywork fit is far better than many I have seen at shows from other manufacturers. I challenge you to find cars with closer panel gaps and more symetrical panels for a start . The chassis is also well engineered, certainly have no gripes with mine and I have heard some positive comments from those who have had their GTS's SVA'd from the testers.

David

Sera

Simon S
Contributor

Posts 20
Registered 18/2/06

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Own designed single seat track day car

posted on 30/5/07 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
GTS - Sound of Silence II

David,

Glad to hear you have had some response out of GTS, it at least proves they haven't burned down or similar.

28 days delivery as per the website? Well you have done better than me to find those Ts & Cs because all I can find is 'for full details on our terms and conditions please contact us'. If I had found a statement of '28 days' though I would have thought twice. You are right that this isn't Tesco or Amazon, but then neither is it some mail order company fronting a Chinese sweatshop. It is supposed to be an engineering business, and if anyone needs to understand better why the kit car industry is held with such distain in the broader motoring press then they need look no further than these sorts of episodes. With 18 years experience in the engineering R&D business I can only say that such a lack of responsiveness of a supplier rings alarm bells. I would be absolutely delighted to get the order fulfilled, but I'd think real hard about repeat trade thereafter and certainly would not reccomend it to others.

We Brits don't like complaining about service provided, and tend to be over-forgiving when it comes to service associated with hobbies compared to more mundane every day stuff (like Tesco, for example). As customers, however, we do deserve our calls answered or returned even if they don't have good news to give. If you offer a service then you shouldn't be surprised when you have to deliver, it really is that simple.

flak monkey

posted on 31/5/07 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I am not getting into an argument because its all been said before.

I think 28 days is a perfectly acceptable delivery time for something which is not off the shelf and is made to order. Especially if you are running a business almost on your own. I know some proper large businesses that would struggle to meet that at busy times. Sure ford can get you a bit the next or sometimes same day. But they are emplying thousands and turning over millions. Your average kit car supplier employs probably 3 or 4 people and probably only just turns enough over to scrape a living.

You cannot compare the kitcar industry to mainstream industry its streets apart and always will be unless you look at someone like Caterham or Westy. There are not the resources available to provide instantaneous supply of parts.

Unless we get a few billionaires investing in the industry this is the way it will stay as well. Which is never going to happen because its such a low profit margin industry.

Some people still have unrealistic expectations of kit car component suppliers. Some are slightly better than others, but they all suffer the same root problem - lack of resource and investment.

See your U2U, phone Darren on his mobile and talk to him.

Sera

jay taylor

posted on 4/6/07 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
i love watching this forum, as soon as someone seems to have a problem people jump to darrens aid and dont seem to care about other peoples problem.
yes you may ring and email and get an answer but it isnt the same for everyone.
i posted on here the end of last year asking for help and all i got was abuse.
i paid for my deluxe starter kit from darren on the 28/11/04 i still have not recieved everything that i paid for and am now stuck trying to find out where i can get the parts from.
i even sent darren a recorded letter and ended up getting it back.
i am sorry to put this as i find the kit of good quality and would have bought more of his stuff if i got everything i paid for.

insanenim

posted on 6/9/07 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
I purchased some part in november 2006 directly with darren. Got some of the part at the end Jan 2007 and in September 2007 finally got the rest of my parts.

They kept on saying the parts are in the post! I eventually turnt up on there door step and asked for my parts.

I personally won't ever buy anything from them again. I wish I had researched this site before buying anything from them.

flak monkey

posted on 6/9/07 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by insanenim
I purchased some part in november 2006 directly with darren. Got some of the part at the end Jan 2007 and in September 2007 finally got the rest of my parts.

They kept on saying the parts are in the post! I eventually turnt up on there door step and asked for my parts.

I personally won't ever buy anything from them again. I wish I had researched this site before buying anything from them.

Letting it drag out that long is your own fault. Same goes for anyone who is waiting for parts for longer than a reasonable time (28 days or whatever you were told when ordering). Goes for all companies/manufacturers in all industries.

Sera

gazza285

posted on 6/9/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Goes for all companies/manufacturers in all industries.

Eh? If we don't deliver in within the agreed time then penalties are payable, same goes for our suppliers.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

Macbeast

posted on 6/9/07 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
As has been said, it's not only GTS who are slow in delivery. I ordered goods from another company for whom I have seen nothing but praise on here.

Ordered middle of July, card debited the same day. Chased 4 weeks later and found that he hadn't even started on my order but would do the following week (about 20 August). The website gives no warning of delivery up to 28 days or similar.

Still waiting for news and will chase again Monday if nothing heard.

It's all part of the game and GTS is not the only one. I've found the best approach is to drop in to have a chat with Darren. I appreciate this is not terribly convenient if you live in the Outer Hebrides but hey - you've got the scenery

designer

posted on 9/9/07 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
The problem here is that cards SHOULD NOT be debited until parts are ready for despatch. I never do in my business, and it's really bad works practice to do so.
gabbes

posted on 10/9/07 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have ordered a complete bodyset for 11 weeks ago, but nothing so far that the money left my account the same day. No parcelnumber that is valid - no phonenumber to the courier - nothing.I have try email, phone on both numbers etc without any sucess! I will send two friend to pay a personal visit this o the next week - thus I live in Sweden. I am really pissed off now! If I do not get any further with this I will give them a hint on how it is to get fraud.
Macbeast

posted on 12/9/07 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
As has been said, it's not only GTS who are slow in delivery. I ordered goods from another company (Premier Wiring ) for whom I have seen nothing but praise on here.

Ordered middle of July, card debited the same day. Chased 4 weeks later and found that he hadn't even started on my order but would do the following week (about 20 August). The website gives no warning of delivery up to 28 days or similar.

Still waiting for news and will chase again Monday if nothing heard.
[/quote

Called today (12 Sept) and he says will try to send out at the end of next week

It's all part of the game and GTS is not the only one

designer

posted on 13/9/07 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
"You cannot compare the kitcar industry to mainstream industry"

Why not??

All industries, businesses are exactly the same!! Large or small, they make a product and retail it; simple. It just has to be done right.

flak monkey

posted on 13/9/07 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
"You cannot compare the kitcar industry to mainstream industry"

Why not??

All industries, businesses are exactly the same!! Large or small, they make a product and retail it; simple. It just has to be done right.

Read the rest of the post, numpty. A quote out of context is alway irrelevant.

Sera

designer

posted on 14/9/07 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
The quote is NOT out of context. You tried to use it as a defense.

Whether you sell widgets or aeroplanes, whether it has a value of £2 or £2000K business principles are exactly the same, .

flak monkey

posted on 14/9/07 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
The quote is NOT out of context. You tried to use it as a defense.

Whether you sell widgets or aeroplanes, whether it has a value of £2 or £2000K business principles are exactly the same, .

I made the comparison on supply times. Any business manufacturing parts to order cannot compete on lead time with another business who holds huge amounts of stock. That was my only basis for comparison. It was not a comparison of customer service, supply chain or anything else, all of which is common between all businesses.

Small businesses cannot invest many thousands into holding stock, which could become obsolete before it is sold due to slow stock turnover rates.

Perhaps you need to read a few business books, and learn a bit more about the differences between varying types of business. Its not as simple as you seem to think.

Sera

iank

posted on 14/9/07 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Flak is right in this respect different businesses should have different expectations on them.

Order 100 M8 stainless washers expecting them next day is reasonable.

Order 10,000,000 M7.5 titanium washers and expect a first batch when you're told they will be available, and expect the following batches on some kind of agreed schedule.

Order a 777 and see if Boeing will give any kind of delivery commitment beyond the quarter some year in the future.

I've always considered communications issues and GTS's relationships with their suppliers to have been the major issues from watching the endless popcorn flamefests.

The whole some people finding it easy to phone while others who are waiting for stuff never getting through sounds like caller id being used to filter to my cynical mind - but I have no proof.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.