Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 05 R1 PLUMBING
Steve (dug) Richards

posted on 1/6/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
05 R1 PLUMBING

Can anybody help? I have just got my engine started and it sounds sweet. The problem I have is that the temperature reads too high too quick which makes me think that I have got the water system wrong. It is almost as if no water is going around the head. I have plumbed it up similar to the R1 carb model that I had. Thanks Dug
ChrisGamlin

posted on 1/6/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Can you draw a diagram?

adithorp

posted on 1/6/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I started my 06 R1 a couple of weeks ago for the first time and it warms up pretty quick (much quicker than a car engine). 100c in less than 10 mins and fan on at 102c then holds between 96-102. I've put top hose to top of rad, oil cooler to top of rad, bottom rad to water pump inlet/bottom hose, head bleed to fast idle wax stat and then to bottom inlet(got rid of tee; plenty of flow to flush out air), 'stat bypass to top inlet on expantion bottle (VW 'globe' type) to bleed air from system, bottom of bottle to top hose.

Just had a look at Rob Collingridges site and his warmed up in 6 mins to 125c!

Hope that helps. Adrian

swalf3

posted on 2/6/07 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
R1 plumbing

Many differences in the radiators on R1 .Rad flows either way left to right or vice versa.Make sure the hot water from engine flows in one side and cooler return to engine from other side of rad.The switch for the fan should be on the hot side.Good plumbing. Winston

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.