Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donnington trackday 17th June
procomp

posted on 11/6/07 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Donnington trackday 17th June

Hi any one else doining it. Should be a few westfields locosts kits ect .

Looks like a verry busy weekend with so many events going on around the country and even a small race in france.

Oh and it's farthers day.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andy D

posted on 11/6/07 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be there, with I think, three other Westys. Hoping for good weather..
procomp

posted on 11/6/07 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Hi i saw from the wscc thread there where a few westfields going.

Also hoping for good weather as we are only going to see if our latest attemt at finding suitable pads for the willwood powerlites is going to work.

Will be good to see you there.

Cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andy D

posted on 11/6/07 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Which pads have you tried, I've been through Smarts, Poly A's and am now on Poly E's.

Smarts overheated

A's no feel, too grabby. Possibly need to be properly warmed up..

E's, so far so good.

procomp

posted on 11/6/07 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hi have tried them all with out any real success. Am now trying some modified ones.

I see from a thread on the wscc that some one was looking at getting mintex to do a batch. But i would assume that they meet with the same problem as our selfs that unless we wanted a verry large number they where not interested.

cheers matt

Andy D

posted on 11/6/07 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, someone was trying to organise something re Mintex brakes, not sure what the outcome was. We'll have to compare notes, See you there..
procomp

posted on 11/6/07 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hi any ideas if it's on the national or gp circuit . I had assumed it was national but customer says it is the gp layout.

cheers matt

Andy D

posted on 11/6/07 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
National, according to the Donny website..
procomp

posted on 14/6/07 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Hi this trackday is now fully booked.

Hopfully filled with kits rather than tintops.

cheers matt

Andy D

posted on 14/6/07 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
Latest BBC weather forecast for Sunday looking promising. The BBC wouldn't lie would they!

One Westy has dropped out, so there could be a place available. Not sure if they have a reserve list or not..

Jici

posted on 14/6/07 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys,

I trying to buy a second hand BEC.
Donington is the first event I can go.

Could you tell me if their are usually second hand stands at Donington ?

Thanks for the info

procomp

posted on 14/6/07 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Hi this paticular day the 17th june is just a trackday. There will not be any cars for sale. Or any manufacturers present (except myself having fun).

You need to stick to your original plan of attending the kitcar show later in the year.

cheers matt

Andy D

posted on 19/6/07 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Matt, nice to meet you. Heres a short vid from the day, following one of the Procomp cars..Cllicky

Towards the end, there is nearly Porshe/Porsche contact!

JoelP

posted on 19/6/07 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
is it your oil light, the orange one that kept flashing on corners? Good vid!
Andy D

posted on 19/6/07 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
is it your oil light, the orange one that kept flashing on corners? Good vid!

'Fraid so, it illuminates as the pressure dips below 25psi. Not good, but I've got away with it for about two years. Good ol' anchor!

procomp

posted on 20/6/07 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy i sent a message via the WSCC service but ill ask here also. (dont think it always works )

Dont suppose you got any footage of our cars from behind when thier was one of the regular drivers onboard. As the fotage is with a inexperienced driver trying the car out for the first time.

Any footage of even one corner would be good. Just to see what the rear dampers where doing. Was supposed to have the datalogger on but took wrong memory card so that was no use.

The last sesion was a good one when i caught your car and the blue one. Didnt think he was going to let me past at all at one point.

Nice to have meet you guys.

cheers matt

Andy D

posted on 20/6/07 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Matt, I've a fair bit of footage following one or the other procomp cars. Which one's which? I think you said there was a standard zeetec and a tweeked one. What tyres are they on?I know I could hang on to one, but the other was way too quick. Last session was my lad Pete driving, and Mark was in the blue car. His first visit to Donny, he was struggling with understeer, as well as circuit knowledge.
Will see if I can put together some more video.

Some pics, spot the difference! (From the rear they look the same, apart from the locost obviously.)

NS Dev

posted on 20/6/07 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Just read the brake pad discussion, but I dont know what calipers you are using.

I have modded some mintex volvo 240 pads to fit my raceleda 4 pots (same as outlaw and cat motorsport and bremsport? ones I think) they are 3mm short (which is odd as the caliper cutouts are the same according to drawing as hispec ones and they use the volvo pads!! ) so i use a packer on the unloaded end of the pad, and they need a small mod to allow for the keeper bolt/pin.

plus is these pads (MGB522 iirc) are available in all the decent mintex compounds. I am using 1144 as its mainly for road use, but I failed to remember to fade them in properly and they go a bit wooden now when hot, which I have not found with these before, so I think I need another set and to fade them in properly!

certainly stop it well though, just not quite as good a feel when hot as I have had before with mintex compounds.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

procomp

posted on 21/6/07 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Andy the slower of the the two LA's was the one with a large dent below the rear N/side light.

It would be any footage of the quicker one that would be nice from the last session.

Hi Nat the calipers we where running are the willwood powerlight which ony have pads available from willwood. None of the pads they have are suitable for use on cars like these IMHO . So after many test's we tried a set of modified pads that are available from the rest of the ussual companys and found a massive improvment.

Is it not lotus elise pads for the outlaw calipers or is that one of the hispec calipers. I rember buying some lotus pads but cant remember who's car and calipers they where fitted to.

PS the pics are top Darryls slightly quicker car with Darryl driving.

Middle- Steve L's slower car with Ally driving it for the first time.

And bottom steve E's car with me driving and Steve E in the passenger seat.

cheers matt

[Edited on 21/6/07 by procomp]

Andy D

posted on 21/6/07 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Matt, I've prepared another vid, sadly the slower of the cars again. (fast enough for me!) Can't get into my photobucket account at the moment, so will try and post it later. Doubt it'll be of any value to you, so just sing along and enjoy the scenery..

The last session, driven by my son Pete, sadly had a camera on board, complete with a flat battery!

Re Brakes, We both felt the Wilwood Poly E's performed well, plenty of power, plus good feel. But we also both felt the track wasn't giving good grip, so weren't standing too hard on the middle peddle!

Edited to add, Photobucket now working click HERE for Donington Part 2

[Edited on 21/6/07 by Andy D]

NS Dev

posted on 22/6/07 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi Andy the slower of the the two LA's was the one with a large dent below the rear N/side light.

It would be any footage of the quicker one that would be nice from the last session.

Hi Nat the calipers we where running are the willwood powerlight which ony have pads available from willwood. None of the pads they have are suitable for use on cars like these IMHO . So after many test's we tried a set of modified pads that are available from the rest of the ussual companys and found a massive improvment.

Is it not lotus elise pads for the outlaw calipers or is that one of the hispec calipers. I rember buying some lotus pads but cant remember who's car and calipers they where fitted to.

PS the pics are top Darryls slightly quicker car with Darryl driving.

Middle- Steve L's slower car with Ally driving it for the first time.

And bottom steve E's car with me driving and Steve E in the passenger seat.

cheers matt

[Edited on 21/6/07 by procomp]

One of the hispec calipers uses the lotus pad, but that is quite a bit smaller (think its their ultralite 2 pot jobbie). I will just double check when I get home but I am 99% sure that's the case.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Andy D

posted on 23/6/07 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
I think the faster of the two Procomp cars makes an appearance late in this clip; HERE
This was a short session after a stoppage due to Porky going into the redgate gravel trap!

procomp

posted on 23/6/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi thanks for sorting through the vids.

The last one was enough to let me know what i needed to know about the rear dampers.

Could have been worse for the porker. He could have had his wheel fall off on the first lap of the day .

cheers matt

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.