Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megasquirt help again pls!
bigtone69

posted on 11/6/07 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
megasquirt help again pls!

hi guys, ime building a rover t series turbo (620Ti engine)locost, ive ripped out mems ecu and fitted megasquirt. i realize that my engine choice is not the norm but i picked up the engine (brand new and crated) from a rover auction for pennies. ok. i have a MS runing EDIS and a innovate lc-1 sensor installed. Dont ask me how but ive got the engine running and idling, the bit i carnt seem to get my head round is tuning the damn thing. can anyone help me with the constants even?

afr gauge reading very erratic?
have read megatune manual a few times now and i have would have a great respect for anyone who actually understands any of it...
ime very reluctant to mess about too much with my settings as engine is new and i know washing the bores with a very rich mixture can be bad

any ideas?

Chippy

posted on 11/6/07 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Short answer take it to a rolling road. While it is possable to get it close by f*****g about yourself, its worth the few quid to have it right. Mine went from 160 bhp to 174, plus torque figure was most impresive. HTH Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

bigtone69

posted on 13/6/07 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
yeah.....i will take to rolling road willing if only to stop the brain damage..but not with a freshly built engine...been quoted 250 quid to run it in on rollers..plus mapping charge after that....thats as much as a set of forged pistons!
who named them locosts?,,lol

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.