Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Removable bodywork
scoobyis2cool

posted on 20/8/03 at 01:27 AM Reply With Quote
Removable bodywork

Does anyone know how to fit the body panels so they are easily removable, using screws or whatever? I was going to 'glue' them in place but since i want to keep changing bits once its finished this might be a bad idea, i could really do with being able to remove them for good access

By the way, all my panels are GRP, no aluminium

[Edited on 20/8/03 by scoobyis2cool]

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rorty

posted on 20/8/03 at 03:59 AM Reply With Quote
You could use any of the multitude of 1/4 turn fasteners that abound. They're available in plastic, aluminium and steel with various protective finishes. They require the same "push-and-turn" action as bayonet light bulbs, which make them very easy and quick to undo.
Some are simple detachable fasteners, and others are captive, in otherwords, the fastener remains in the panel when it's removed.
Some have radiused slots similar to slotted screws, and others have butterfly heads etc.
There are brands such as Dzus, Camloc, Tridair, etc.
Airdromes attract a lot of vendors for these products, alternatively, Demon Tweeks etc would probably stock them.

I would attach a pic of one, but the "Browse" button has disappeared.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Blade

posted on 24/8/03 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Interesting username there mate

Dannyboy
Chairman
www.scoobycity.co.uk

[Edited on 24/8/03 by Blade]

scoobyis2cool

posted on 25/8/03 at 01:03 AM Reply With Quote
cheers blade, i grew up on scooby doo cartoons and i love the 22B so it seemed like a good choice!

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.