Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Sender
wookiee

posted on 21/6/07 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Fuel Sender

I've recently installed a splitfire and then tried a racetech fuel sender to KOSO RX1N clock, the sender doesn't register the correct fuel level as the ohm levels different, any ideas on the correct sender? also the senders require an earth but this is earthing my tank also. . . surely not right thing to do

twybrow

posted on 21/6/07 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
I am using a Honda Blackbird fuel sender. You are right in that one lead needs to go to earth and the other to the gauge. Have you measured the resistance of your sender and inputted that value into your Koso?

Macbeast

posted on 21/6/07 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
In general, it would be a good thing to earth your tank, and the sender is normally earthed to the tank, either through the sender screws or by a separate wire.

Of course if it's a BEC, who knows ?

wookiee

posted on 21/6/07 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
if the alloy tank is sitting on rubber keeping it isolated from the car, the sender thats attached is earthing the tank, isn't this dangerous?
rusty

posted on 21/6/07 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
I would think having the tank earthed is fine, most metal tanks will end up earthed but a sender of fuel pump mounted in to them.
bobster

posted on 21/6/07 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
hi twybrow, is there any chance you could measure the ohm range of the honda sender. I am looking for a sender that can be used with the s2000 digital guages. thanks bobster
twybrow

posted on 22/6/07 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Off the top of my head, the Honda gauges run to 100ohm. If someone has a copy of the KOSA clocks manual to hand, it lists the reistance of several bike fuel senders.... I will measure this weekend.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.