Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Confuzzled
Ranger

posted on 21/8/03 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Confuzzled

As a bit of a newbie to these kit car things i'm after some help and peoples opinions.
I'm looking at buying a luego locost to swear at in my spare time and would like to know how well these kits go together.
I'm a reasonably competent mechanic but unfortunately lost the use of my right arm in a car crash recently - i now feel i need a challenge and something to keep me occupied while i get my use back!!
thanks in advance

Never avoid the challenges in life always avoid the trees!!!!!

ChrisW

posted on 21/8/03 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your accident.

I can't vouch for the Locost kit but the Viento I'm building is going together pretty easily. The few challenges I'm facing are due to me wanting to do things differently! Apart from that it's just nuts and bolts.

I have a copy of the build manual for the Viento somewhere which I'll dig out if you like?

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GO

posted on 21/8/03 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Chris,

You got a build manual? Do you know if I was supposed to get one with my Velocity? Or did you buy it separately?

Cheers,

Graham

GO

posted on 21/8/03 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Ranger,

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the post.

I haven't got a build manual for my Velocity and so far its all going together fairly easily, albeit with quite a lot of head scratching. And I can in no way describe myself as a compentent mechanic!

Cheers,

Graham

[Edited on 21/8/2003 by GO]

Ranger

posted on 21/8/03 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
No worries graham, if it goes together alright without the build manual then it can't be a bad thing. Out of interest rotary power???? mazda engine......

Thanks chris if you've got an e-mailable copy of the build manual i'd be really interested to have a look not to worry if u haven't thou. I'm intending to go visit luego next week if i get enough time. must remeber to leave my money at home!!!!

[Edited on 21/8/03 by Ranger]

Never avoid the challenges in life always avoid the trees!!!!!

ChrisW

posted on 21/8/03 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
I have got a copy as a word file somewhere but I can't find what I did with it!

Will keep looking!

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Findlay234

posted on 22/8/03 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Im building a velocity at the mo and its going together ok. its really simple, the only thing is the time to pluck up the courage to buy parts and the research done for each part to get the best deal. Its taken me a lot of time to get where i am but i cant say that its been too difficult. The hardest step for me was drilling into the chassis for the first time, but thats about it.

Also i have sometimes felt the need for a third hand or even fourth so you need to make sure you have someone you can trust to help you.

Other than that no worries and theres so many people on this site that are willing to help out you shouldnt have any problems.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.