Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Please Sign this Petition
daviep

posted on 7/7/07 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
Please Sign this Petition

Please let me start by saying I am in no way racist. I just feel that this is not a good use for £100,000,000 of tax payers money.
Just to make you all aware of this...I don't know how each of you will feel about this but if you don't think it is a good idea it is very easy to cast a vote on the link at the bottom of the page to say so deadline to sign the government petition is 18th July!

Ken Livingstone is planning to use tax payersr's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated £100M in the docklands.

Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved transport facilities.
The mosque will be BIGGER THAN ST PAUL 'S!!! The plan is for the mosque to be so big so that people flying in from all over the world for the 2012 Olympics will see it as the biggest landmark in London , bigger than St Pauls, Westminster Abbey or Wembley Stadium.

The vote so far is 56 % in favour. It is an undemocratic use of British Tax payers money,

To vote to 'Scrap the 'Mega-Mosque', please sign the official Government petition in the link below.

LINK

Again I am not racist I just don't think this is a good use of my money.

Regards
Davie

nitram38

posted on 7/7/07 at 06:22 AM Reply With Quote
First, you can't be a racist as being a Muslim is a Religeous choice. You might be called Religist though!
I too object to spending my money on something I don't believe in. The other faiths in this country support themselves and so should the Muslim community do the same.
This has more to do with Ken Livingston's continued power trip.
I have signed the petition, but I doubt it will have any effect, just look at the second congestion charge area.
More people voted against it than for it.
The government wonders why people are becoming detached from politics.
It is because the majority has become the minority and even if they have voted against something, it still goes ahead.
I don't think that this will be any different.

[Edited on 7/7/2007 by nitram38]

theconrodkid

posted on 7/7/07 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
did

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

madteg

posted on 7/7/07 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
did
Minicooper

posted on 7/7/07 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
Why is the British tax payer funding this? I'm not against the mosque in principal if they pay for it themselves

David

graememk

posted on 7/7/07 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
signed.

dont get me wrong i love to see mosques great buildings and look loverly in india.

Kev99

posted on 7/7/07 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
signed.

worX

posted on 7/7/07 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
did.

whitestu

posted on 7/7/07 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Already signed it

stu

ChrisGamlin

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Although I agree it is not right that such a large chunk of taxpayer's money should be ploughed into a venture relating to something as sensitive in nature as religon, at least not without widespread public consultation, the petition's creator does give it a rather unpleasent sectarian feel with the statement

quote:

We the Christian population of this great country England would like the proposed plan to build a Mega Mosque in East London Scrapped. This will only cause terrible violence and suffering and more money should go into the NHS.

If they want this petition taken seriously, they certainly should not be pitching it effectively as Christians against Muslims, or making claims that it will cause "terrible violence and suffering".

turbodisplay

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Doesn`t it remind you when you were a kid. In school the naughty boys got the attention, than spend time on the ones that behaved/ worked.
The more attacks/ attempted attacks the more we are meant to go out of our way to be nice.

Maybe if us drivers start doing terror ist acts they will build a free track instead?

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
geoff82

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
done
Marlon

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
done.

Band Anyone?

Linky to SWMBO 's band
Linky to Brother in laws band
MKoc 1081

skydivepaul

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
done,

Ken Livingstone is a lunatic.

http://www.smartideasuk.com
http://www.smartmapping.co.uk
HD CCTV
3D design solutions and integration
IP security systems
access control systems

pinto

posted on 7/7/07 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Done 117.413 signiture + 1
omega 24 v6

posted on 7/7/07 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Fcuk that I'm voting against it to. I'm not racist or religist and I only believe in good and bad in everyone. But for taxpayers money to be used for this is rediculous

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

BenB

posted on 7/7/07 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
I don't agree with tax payers money paying for religeous buildings but I'm not signing that petition!!! The wording is just plain stupid and likely to just aggravate the situation.

Actually, I find that petition slightly more worrying than the creation of the new Mosque!!!

Why would making a mosque create violence? The implication is that the Moslem faith is fundamentally violent. Which, if they actually read the Qur'an, they realise isn't the case. It's just some people severely twist and pervert it. But then seeing as most "Christians" don't even read their own religeous text, I doubt they'll read anyone elses!! People have just abused and hijacked religeons for their own personal gain for centuries (e.g. Crusades and the Spanish inquisition....).

That petition is just the people who think the UK should be "Christian" bitching about the building of a mosque (presumably because they worry about the fundamentalists who want to make the UK run under Sharia law!!!)....

Let's face it, when politics and religeon mix things get screwed up. Why does a country need to be of any religeon??? Surely it's personal choice??? If people can't handle death and injustice and want to believe there's an afterlife or some universal omnipotent force who will make it "all right in the end" that's fine.... Personally, I think they should get psychotherapy!!

Oh well, rant over. That petition just smacks of flag-waving Daily Mail reading xenophobic book-burning fasciists..... But then Marx's "opium of the masses" approach is my personal cup of tea!!!

iceman26

posted on 7/7/07 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
done
Confused but excited.

posted on 7/7/07 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Mine makes it 118,240!

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

COREdevelopments

posted on 7/7/07 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
another +1.

GazzaP

posted on 7/7/07 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
signed

www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk

RK

posted on 7/7/07 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
So why does someone who lives, and presumably pays taxes in Fife, Scotland, care about what goes on in a big city in England - often referred to as a foreign country?

Government shouldn't mix up with religions at all. Church and state and all that.

What do I care though? I'm Canadian.

pawgrp

posted on 7/7/07 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
signed
JamJah

posted on 7/7/07 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Please do your research first....

(Fixed) Linky

[Edited on 7/707/0707 by JamJah]

This is personal advise or personal opinion.
Constructive comments gratefully recieved, picking is left for noses.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 7/7/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
To quote the above link (which doesn't work directly JamJah)

quote:

Emails whipping up communal hatred to influence Evening Standard online poll
4-4-2007 214

The Mayor of London today revealed an organised email campaign around an online poll being conducted by the Evening Standard aimed at stirring up communal hatred by spreading entirely false statements about plans for a new mosque in East London. These included a totally untrue claim that the Mayor was planning to spend £100 million of public money on the mosque when there are no plans to spend any public money at all on the mosque.

The campaign was sparked by an online poll in the Evening Standard reprinting an article from last September asking people to vote for whether or not they were in favour of the "£100 million mosque". In fact, as reports in other newspapers have made clear, there are no plans for a mosque on this scale.

Following this the Mayor's Office was alerted to a series of emails being sent out to large numbers of recipients making a series of false claims about the mosque proposals in such a way as to stir up communal hatred. These read:

"Don't know if you have heard about this but Ken Livingstone is planning to use tax payer's money to build an enormous mosque costing an estimated 100M in the docklands. What do you think about it? Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a new hospital or improved transport facilities?? BIGGER THAN ST PAULS!!! The plan is for the mosque to be so big that people flying in from all over the world for the 2012 Olympics will it see it as the biggest landmark in London , bigger than St Pauls, Westminster Abbey or Wembley Stadium

Take a second to cast your vote in The Evening Standard on-line poll to determine public opinion about whether a mega mosque should be built for the Olympics.

The vote so far is 57 % in favour. It looks like the Muslim community is casting its vote in droves, and as usual the Christians are burying their heads in the sand....

After voting, forward this to as many people as you can. Here's the link:"

One of the emails used to circulate this was from a work address at Jaguar Cars.

Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone said:

`The allegations in these emails are clearly designed to deliberately whip up communal hatred and contain content that is entirely untrue. They are clearly being spread in an organised way for unscrupulous political reasons.

`Factually there is no proposal to use any public money at all for such a mosque; there is no link between plans for a mosque and the Olympics; and, as widely reported, there are actually no plans for a mosque on the scale claimed in the email.

`This email campaign is a disgrace and should be clearly condemned as such. Besides the lies it is spreading for political purposes it aims to stir up hatred between Muslims and non-Muslims’.

The Mayor has written today to Veronica Wadley, Editor of the Evening Standard, asking her to clarify that the paper repudiates the content of the mass email, and asking the Standard to clarify to readers and visitors to the website that the poll will be disregarded as totally unrepresentative.

It has also emerged today that similar false claims about the mosque relating to the online poll are being promoted by the British National Party on their website, describing it as 'the biggest symbol so far of the Islamic colonisation of England' and urging readers to 'Please go to the Standard website and add your own 'No' vote. And please forward this email on to everyone in your address book.

Say no more......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.