Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: peugeot 306 diesel help
Aboardman

posted on 13/7/07 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
peugeot 306 diesel help

Bosses son has filled up with petrol in his diesel car, any tips on how to drain the tank or is it quicker to remove the tank

and does the diesel have a low pressure pump in tank as well as a high pressure pump off the cambelt.

richijenkin

posted on 13/7/07 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
I got mine done by the garage, didnt want to risk knackering anything. Not sure if its different from the golf but mine was drained through the carbs? a few filters have to be changed too.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Coose

posted on 13/7/07 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
I think the 307 has a drain on the bottom of the tank, so the 306 may be the same...

Spin 'er off Well...

rusty nuts

posted on 13/7/07 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Might be possible to lift the back seat and remove the fuel gauge sender unit , then syphon fuel out . Drain filter, fit new element refuel then spray brake cleaner into manifold when cranking until engine starts .
ch1ll1

posted on 13/7/07 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
if you have an electric fuel pump,
remove the fuel line that goes into the fuel filter,(right hand side of the engine at the front 4bolts on top allen key bolts)
attach the fuel pump and pump it straight out !
then fill up with fuel pump a little more out and away you go !

[Edited on 13/7/07 by ch1ll1]

JohnN

posted on 13/7/07 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
There is a pump in the tank, accessed under the back seat, you could use it to pump the fuel out by disconnecting the outlet pipe before it gets to the filter in the engine bay.

I filled up my diesel clio (dCi) a year ago with 45 litres of petrol in a 50 litre diesel tank. I must've driven 10 miles before I realised (daydreaming about how cheap that fill-up was compared to the last time). AA towed me home & I sucked the fuel through from the engine bay with one of those "down the dipstick" vacuum pumps. Took quite a while to remove all 8 or so gallons, but it was OK after filling it up with diesel. 1 yr later still OK.

I used the petrol in my sierra engined se7en, it didn't miss a beat

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.