Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: If this isn't ebay fraud then what is ?
Jon Ison

posted on 30/7/07 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
If this isn't ebay fraud then what is ?

Contacted a seller about buying a caravan from them at the advertised buy it now price and got the reply copied below, needless to say I have reported it to ebay.......I may be fick but not that fick, zero rated seller by the way.

I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major business problems so pick up isn't an option. Sorry about that... Hope you will understand... But, you can still buy the ABBEY SPECTRUM 540 CARAVAN... The selling price will be 2100 pounds... For this price I will include free delivery of the ABBEY SPECTRUM 540 CARAVAN anywhere in the UK. You will also have access to a refund policy on this transaction. However, before any delivery can be done we have to start the transaction on ebay so we can be both protected. In order to start the transaction on the eBay system I need to receive some details from you:
- your full name and address (for your invoice + delivery purposes)...
As soon as the above details will be provided I'll start the official transaction on eBay and they will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ).
Will wait to hear from you. Thank you for your interest...

smart51

posted on 30/7/07 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps, as a zero rated seller, they're not familiar with the finer points of eBay?
bob

posted on 30/7/07 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
A 2002 abbey 21ft twin axle for 2100£

jon you must have thought christmas had come early.

bob

posted on 30/7/07 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Jon here is a 2001 model.

linky

marc n

posted on 30/7/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
ah yes had one of them, they try to get you to pay by paypal, because you think you are protected ( as paypal transactions are ) BUT the paypal account is somewhere like finland ??? or similar which is one of two countries where paypal protection doesnt cover you

had this with a car i was interested in on ebay, checked it out with paypal and was told the above

thieving scum

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pauldm

posted on 30/7/07 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Like this <E bay link>

£1400 Buy it now!
This deal is too good to be true.
I asked if I could pay cash on collection - no answer.

Peteff

posted on 30/7/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Ask him for the cris registration Jon, something that new should have its own vin number and be able to hpi it for safety in a transaction.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

oadamo

posted on 30/7/07 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
tell him you will pay him £10 deposit by paypal then you will give him cash when you get delivery of it. adam

Jon Ison

posted on 31/7/07 at 05:21 AM Reply With Quote
Asked for the CRIS number and the possibility of a small paypal deposit and the rest cash on delivery, lets wait for the reply ?
Jon Ison

posted on 31/7/07 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
mmmmm, contacted another, same thing grossly under market value and got this reply, both reported and both still on ebay.........

I will start my email by telling you that I'm currently out of town so pick up isn't an option.The item is located home and
I will get somebody to ship it to you ...no problems...The price for it is £2,400.00
The deal will go strictly according to eBay Classified Ad rules and policy .To start the official transaction, I need to know
your details :
- ebay user ID
- full name and address ( for the invoice so I know where to send the item ) ...
as soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this. You'll also receive important
guidelines + instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ). I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of
charge for you.
Also, a refund policy will be included.Looking forward to hear from you.
please contact me at mark.12warren@yahoo.co.uk

akumabito

posted on 31/7/07 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Do those bastards use the same standard e-mail format? I hate unimaginative frauds... nearly as pathetic as the Nigerian e-mail scam...
pauldm

posted on 31/7/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yup I got same answer>
Item: 1970 Vauxhall/Opel GT Sport Coupe (260143947210)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
j02green is the seller.

I have to tell you that I'm currently out of town with some major business problems so pick up/view isn't an option. Sorry about that... Hope you will understand... But, you can still buy the car... The selling price will be £1400... For this price I will include free delivery of the car anywhere in the UK. You will also have access to a refund policy on this transaction. However, before any delivery can be done we have to start the transaction on ebay so we can be both protected. In order to start the transaction on the eBay system I need to receive some details from you:
- your full name and address (for your invoice + delivery purposes)...
As soon as the above details will be provided I'll start the official transaction on eBay and they will notify you about this. You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ).
Will wait to hear from you. Thank you for your interest...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.