Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mirrors - 2 or 3 required
Avoneer

posted on 4/8/07 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Mirrors - 2 or 3 required

Anyone got the book handy?

Got two wing mirrors and a centre mirror, but no matter how i place the wing (scuttle) ones, one is partly obscured by my cage.

Do you have to see clearly in both wing mirrors and rear view mirror?

Thanks,

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cryoman1965

posted on 4/8/07 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
The field of view must be covered by an offside and an interior mirror. If the field is not covered by these two then a nearside mirror should be fitted. An interior mirror is mandatory

HTH

Nige

JoelP

posted on 4/8/07 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
have you considered attaching the wing mirrors hanging down off the top of the roll cage? Maybe same for the rear view too.
Avoneer

posted on 4/8/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Trying to avoid attaching to the cage at this stage - saving that for my racetech mirrors and can't be bothered to fab a bracket just for SVA mirrors.

So if I set up the drivers side wing (scuttle) mirror to have clear view and my rear view mirror, and passenger side wing (scuttle) mirror to be partially obscured by the cage, that should be fine?

Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MkIndy7

posted on 4/8/07 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
You might need 3 for the SVA but you don't need the interior 1 for an MOT,
I was told as I begged the MOT tester for something to stick the interior mirror back on lol.

adithorp

posted on 4/8/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
For MOT you need drivers side mirror and one other. One of those discrepancies between SVA and MOT.

Adrian

Vindi_andy

posted on 20/8/07 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cryoman1965
An interior mirror is mandatory

Nige

If this is the case how do cars that have no rear window get on Im thinking of the Aeon

As I understood it as long as you have the required field of vision an internal mirror isnt compulsory but I could be out of date

iank

posted on 20/8/07 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
From the book you need an interior mirror if you can see anything at all rearwards with it.

The exception is if the rear view is completely blocked (as in a van with a bulkhead)

p.s. this is the first paragraph in the mirrors section - everyone needs to read the manual if they want a first time pass, you will end up reading it anyway when doing the remedial work for the retest

[Edited on 20/8/07 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.