Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where to put Battery Master Switch?
Aussie

posted on 4/9/03 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Where to put Battery Master Switch?

Hey guys where can i put the battery master switch? Does it have to be in a certain place? I looked in the series regs and it said nothing about it.

Cheers,

Nick

This month up for grabs I have a copy of G. Wayne Miller's new book - Men and Speed.

So check out http://www.nick-kjaer.com for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.

Aussie

posted on 4/9/03 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Was hoping that i could just put it on the dash somewhere.

This month up for grabs I have a copy of G. Wayne Miller's new book - Men and Speed.

So check out http://www.nick-kjaer.com for more info on how to enter this free monthly competition.

geoff shep

posted on 5/9/03 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Presumably it would have to be compatible with the dashboard projections rules. If it was out of sight somewhere it would be a bit more of an anti-theft device.
GParkes

posted on 5/9/03 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Mine is on the dashboard (top left) similar place to where the glove box would normally be. Others have them on top of the scuttle on passnger side. Others have them on the side of the scuttle on the drivers side. Some in other places as well I'm sure. I think the blue book states it has to be external to the vehicle but I've never had any complaints (yet)! I suppose as we don't have a roof the dash is ok. Take your pick!

Gavin

timf

posted on 5/9/03 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
rac scrutineer says it has to be operable from the outside of a vehicle since the locost has no roof as long as its easily acessable by someone from outside the car then its ok.

ever thought of remote mount and pull cables.

DickieB

posted on 8/9/03 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Ideally on the outside of the vehicle where you and the marshalls can reach it. Best is on top of the scuttle in the centre so that you can just reach it.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dalefaulkner

posted on 29/9/03 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cut off switch type?

Obviously there are loads of different types of cut off switch (they all look similar), can the basic ones which are about £7 be used or must they be FIA approved at about £23. Does anyone care/check?

Thanks

Dale Faulkner

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.